Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion 5.8 emulator improvement community project

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I have played many private servers and I'am glad people continues the 5.8 emulator, I love this version. (I stopped because of 6.0).

I can provide you 2 fixes :
- A GM account with gm skills, an error occurred while connecting to the server and your progress will not be saved. But at the file location that need to be fixed, there is a rar file containing the fixes ? Just unzip it and it will be fixed.
- The aggro mobs is limited by the same level or lower by the player, and not higher. So I added a configuration to change it (now by default, it is 10 levels higher than the creature).

I also made a docker for this project, I can provide it. Is there a github project for the '5.8_Emu+-+-+' to modify and include it in the docker more cleanly ?

I will procure you more fixed with my tests and I hope this one will go further than the others.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Hello,

I have played many private servers and I'am glad people continues the 5.8 emulator, I love this version. (I stopped because of 6.0).

I can provide you 2 fixes :
- A GM account with gm skills, an error occurred while connecting to the server and your progress will not be saved. But at the file location that need to be fixed, there is a rar file containing the fixes ? Just unzip it and it will be fixed.
- The aggro mobs is limited by the same level or lower by the player, and not higher. So I added a configuration to change it (now by default, it is 10 levels higher than the creature).

I also made a docker for this project, I can provide it. Is there a github project for the '5.8_Emu+-+-+' to modify and include it in the docker more cleanly ?

I will procure you more fixed with my tests and I hope this one will go further than the others.
Code:
# Level difference with the creature to be immune to aggro
# Default value: 10
gameserver.ai.aggro.level.immune = 10

Reaction score
Hello,

I definitely agree. I played retail from beta through 2.5, so those old versions will always have a special place in my heart with all the good memories, but I find myself playing 5.8 pretty much all the time now.

And thank you for contributing! All the links for this project are on the first page, including .

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
flying salt crystals fixed
quest 3099 Cheorunerk's Care of His Wife there was no loot from shells fixed

_3055Fugitive_Scopind quest work

2876 Votan's Urgent Orders can start quest and finish(test)

_1888In_Need_Of_Goods
_2888Trade_Goods_Needed
correct display of NPCs in the journal and quest panel, penultimate NPCs still have fake rewards page

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
correct display of NPCs in the journal and quest panel, penultimate NPCs still have fake rewards page
All added to github.

The issue you mention here is a side effect of a change suggested before that is supposed to fix turn-ins in general, but causes this to happen sometimes. I have been running into the a lot, and I'm thinking that it would be better to back out that change, and fix the quests correctly as we find them. I keep having to alt-tab to aioncodex.com to find out who I should actually be turning the quest in to when this happens.

dezalmado MATTYOne what do you guys think?

Reaction score
All added to github.

The issue you mention here is a side effect of a change suggested before that is supposed to fix turn-ins in general, but causes this to happen sometimes. I have been running into the a lot, and I'm thinking that it would be better to back out that change, and fix the quests correctly as we find them. I keep having to alt-tab to aioncodex.com to find out who I should actually be turning the quest in to when this happens.

dezalmado MATTYOne what do you guys think?
I believe we need to find a different approach, otherwise we will not be able to carry out missions in other regions as we used to in the past.

I believe we need to find a different approach, otherwise we will not be able to carry out missions in other regions as we used to in the past.
It's more than enough to try to reverse and fix things differently, like we were doing. I just don't remember what the file was or its name.

Reaction score

It's more than enough to try to reverse and fix things differently, like we were doing. I just don't remember what the file was or its name.
The post with the suggestion

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
2671 Decimating Bakarma Legion
2635 Bakarma Barracks
2676 Loud Nagas and Nagarants
2674 Dangerous Drake
quests are available and can be completed, but the spawning of mobs without tags needs to be redone

Attachments

Reaction score
2671 Decimating Bakarma Legion
2635 Bakarma Barracks
2676 Loud Nagas and Nagarants
2674 Dangerous Drake
quests are available and can be completed, but the spawning of mobs without tags needs to be redone
Added to github

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dezalmado I am testing a compile with the original TalkEventHandler.java. I tried to create one using podpol's latest and removing the kortana change, but it wouldn't build. I'm sure it due to me making a noob java mistake, but I couldn't get it to work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Added to github

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dezalmado I am testing a compile with the original TalkEventHandler.java. I tried to create one using podpol's latest and removing the kortana change, but it wouldn't build. I'm sure it due to me making a noob java mistake, but I couldn't get it to work.
Was the error in compiling?
Code:
/*
 * This file is part of Encom. **ENCOM duck OTHER SVN**
 *  Encom is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *  it under the terms of the GNU Lesser Public License as published by
 *  the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
 *  (at your option) any later version.
 *  Encom is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 *  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
 *  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 *  GNU Lesser Public License for more details.
 *  You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser Public License
 *  along with Encom.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
 */
package com.aionemu.gameserver.ai2.handler;

import com.aionemu.gameserver.ai2.AIState;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.ai2.AISubState;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.ai2.NpcAI2;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.model.gameobjects.Creature;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.model.gameobjects.Npc;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.model.gameobjects.player.Player;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.network.aion.serverpackets.SM_DIALOG_WINDOW;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.questEngine.QuestEngine;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.questEngine.model.QuestEnv;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.services.TownService;
import com.aionemu.gameserver.utils.PacketSendUtility;

public class TalkEventHandler
{
    public static void onTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
        onSimpleTalk(npcAI, creature);
        if (creature instanceof Player) {
            Player player = (Player) creature;
            if (QuestEngine.getInstance().onDialog(new QuestEnv(npcAI.getOwner(), player, 0, -1))) {
                return;
            } switch (npcAI.getOwner().getObjectTemplate().getTitleId()) {
                case 462877: //Village Trade Broker.
                case 462878: //Village Guestbloom.
                //case 462881: //Village Quest Board.
                    int playerTownId = TownService.getInstance().getTownResidence(player);
                    int currentTownId = TownService.getInstance().getTownIdByPosition(player);
                    if (playerTownId != currentTownId) {
                        PacketSendUtility.sendPacket(player, new SM_DIALOG_WINDOW(npcAI.getOwner().getObjectId(), 44));
                        return;
                    } else {
                        PacketSendUtility.sendPacket(player, new SM_DIALOG_WINDOW(npcAI.getOwner().getObjectId(), 10));
                        return;
                    }
                    default:
                    PacketSendUtility.sendPacket(player, new SM_DIALOG_WINDOW(npcAI.getOwner().getObjectId(), 10));
                break;
            }
        }
    }

public static void onSimpleTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
        npcAI.setSubStateIfNot(AISubState.TALK);
        npcAI.getOwner().setTarget(creature);
    }

public static void onFinishTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
        Npc owner = npcAI.getOwner();
        if (owner.isTargeting(creature.getObjectId())) {
            if (npcAI.getState() != AIState.FOLLOWING) {
                owner.setTarget(null);
            }
            npcAI.think();
        }
    }

public static void onSimpleFinishTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
        Npc owner = npcAI.getOwner();
        if (owner.isTargeting(creature.getObjectId()) && npcAI.setSubStateIfNot(AISubState.NONE)) {
            owner.setTarget(null);
        }
    }
}

Reaction score
Was the error in compiling?
Yes
compile:
[javac] Compiling 2942 source files to E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\build\classes
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:61: error: orphaned default
[javac] default:
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:68: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] public static void onSimpleTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:70: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] npcAI.getOwner().setTarget(creature);
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:71: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:73: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] public static void onFinishTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:75: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] if (owner.isTargeting(creature.getObjectId())) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:78: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:80: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:83: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] public static void onSimpleFinishTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:85: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] if (owner.isTargeting(creature.getObjectId()) && npcAI.setSubStateIfNot(AISubState.NONE)) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:87: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] 11 errors

BUILD FAILED
E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\build.xml:34: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

So is that code you just posted what I should use?

Reaction score
Yes
compile:
[javac] Compiling 2942 source files to E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\build\classes
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:61: error: orphaned default
[javac] default:
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:68: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] public static void onSimpleTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:70: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] npcAI.getOwner().setTarget(creature);
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:71: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:73: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] public static void onFinishTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:75: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] if (owner.isTargeting(creature.getObjectId())) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:78: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:80: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:83: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] public static void onSimpleFinishTalk(NpcAI2 npcAI, Creature creature) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:85: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] if (owner.isTargeting(creature.getObjectId()) && npcAI.setSubStateIfNot(AISubState.NONE)) {
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\ai2\handler\TalkEventHandler.java:87: error: class, interface, or enum expected
[javac] }
[javac] ^
[javac] 11 errors

BUILD FAILED
E:\Aion-stuff\_installs\Aion580\AionEncomBase-github\main\AionEncomBase\build.xml:34: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

So is that code you just posted what I should use?
yes, it is the default of the first SVN that Robyson sent us here, it worked in the compilation, but we did not test opening the game.

yes, it is the default of the first SVN that Robyson sent us here, it worked in the compilation, but we did not test opening the game.
but I don't have the last update made 10 minutes ago.

Reaction score
24042 A Ready Rescue teleport trap fix
Added, thanks.

----------------------------------------------

dezalmado so far I am having better luck with the original version of TalkEventHandler.java. I had some quests in my log that I couldn't turn in before, and I was able to with it. If we revert, we can ask podpol to take another look at it.

Reaction score
Added, thanks.

----------------------------------------------

dezalmado so far I am having better luck with the original version of TalkEventHandler.java. I had some quests in my log that I couldn't turn in before, and I was able to with it. If we revert, we can ask podpol to take another look at it.
If it worked, apply it on GitHub and include it in the description so someone can check it. Also add it to the problem description so it can be fixed.

Reaction score
If it worked, apply it on GitHub and include it in the description so someone can check it. Also add it to the problem description so it can be fixed.
Done

podpol would you mind taking another look at ? We had to revert back to the original because of issues with Kortana's quest turn-in fix that was implemented before your latest edits.

Back