• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Aion Beta is 10GB?!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Holy crap, I was all stoked about downloading the beta of this game, but I went to DL it and it said: Size (9.5GB). How the hell is in 10 gigs? That doesn't make sense. WoW isn't even that big and that game is massive. T_T

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't think so... it's an open beta, I'm not sure. Maybe I missed it:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Holy crap, I was all stoked about downloading the beta of this game, but I went to DL it and it said: Size (9.5GB). How the hell is in 10 gigs? That doesn't make sense. WoW isn't even that big and that game is massive. T_T

ROFL I was about to cry man.

The biggest game download I've ever heard of.

10GB !#!@$%$#%^@

My friend took 3days straight to download it.

Now hes like choosing his character shizz.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It took me about 16hours of downloading from Rapidshare Links.

Secondly, wow is bigger (see attachment).

I tried to play this on an account on Closed Beta (This guy had access to the closed beta) but i couldn't actually join because of gameguard giving me an error in korean or something.

I don't think i'll download this again seeing and knowing it uses gameguard.

(okay, wtf i uploaded attachment? RaGEZONE IS BROKEN D:)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For all you downloading the game hoping to play is pretty much wasting time. If you haven't pre-ordered the game you simply won't get in and yes, this includes the OPEN beta.

If you want a key you need to wait for sites like fileplanet to hand out a limited amount of keys and if you're not lucky enough to get a hold of one you're not going to be able to play.

Q) Who can play open beta?
A) Anyone who pre-ordered the game, thus being able to play in the CB events has access to open beta. Also, from my understanding NCsoft will send out some select open beta keys. I don't know how they determine who gets the keys. If you ordered after the CB events, you should still get a key that will give you access to the open beta via email or a physical copy of the key from the store you purchased it at. If you ordered on either steam or the NCsoft store, your account is already set up for open beta, pre-selection, head start, and retail launch upon account setup.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My Age of Conan folder is 25GB and I haven't played it/updated it since 2 months after it came out... WoW is 15GB and I haven't played that since before AoC came out. 10GB really isn't that much for a MMO.

I'm back ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
I believe the graphics and the size of the worlds

This game is actually competing with World of Warcraft. Actually Aion in Asia is doing pretty well, racking up about 3.5 million subscribers. When it hits the US, it might be a good competition.

However, WoW has been around longer with more features AND more players. I will think Aion will be great, but not great enough to beat WoW.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
maybe they bindend with another program, File Binders can increase the ammount of GB...

Probably contains virus/keylogger/RAT/Desktop phisher

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For all you downloading the game hoping to play is pretty much wasting time. If you haven't pre-ordered the game you simply won't get in and yes, this includes the OPEN beta.

If you want a key you need to wait for sites like fileplanet to hand out a limited amount of keys and if you're not lucky enough to get a hold of one you're not going to be able to play.

Q) Who can play open beta?
A) Anyone who pre-ordered the game, thus being able to play in the CB events has access to open beta. Also, from my understanding NCsoft will send out some select open beta keys. I don't know how they determine who gets the keys. If you ordered after the CB events, you should still get a key that will give you access to the open beta via email or a physical copy of the key from the store you purchased it at. If you ordered on either steam or the NCsoft store, your account is already set up for open beta, pre-selection, head start, and retail launch upon account setup.

Umm.... first of all, I did pre-order the game. It's already DLed, and installed,a nd patched. Waiting for the patch tomorrow, and waiting for the OBT Sunday 6th - 13th. Waiting for the pre-selection 18th, head start 20th, and release day 22nd. I know my shiz man, I've looked into Aion, so don't say "For all you downloading the game hoping to play is pretty much wasting time." I'm not an idiot.

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Yup, NCSoft put those into the Aion client just to duck with you... moron.

LMAO, I Lol'd 3 times. (To the post you quoted)

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

I believe the graphics and the size of the worlds

This game is actually competing with World of Warcraft. Actually Aion in Asia is doing pretty well, racking up about 3.5 million subscribers. When it hits the US, it might be a good competition.

However, WoW has been around longer with more features AND more players. I will think Aion will be great, but not great enough to beat WoW.

I don't think any game will be able to beat WoW popularity wise. But for the people comparing Aion to WoW saying "Aion stole ___ from WoW and stole ___ from WoW", those people see, to think WoW was the first MMO in the WHOLE WORLD. Everyything from all MMO's were taken from other MMO's, besides the game-specific things (ie. PvP functions, raids, etc.)

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

ROFL I was about to cry man.

The biggest game download I've ever heard of.

10GB !#!@$%$#%^@

My friend took 3days straight to download it.

Now hes like choosing his character shizz.

I decided to go with Chanter. Solo priest ftw. And 3 days?! XD It took me like, 6-7 hours at 320kb/s. Didn't take to long, although, the funny thing is, my computer automatically restarted at 3AM when it was 90%+. So I had to reDL it.

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol dude.. that's a 3D Game though. Of course 3D games are gonna be bigger, although 10 gb is a hell of a lot. I remember d/l'n DFO for beta, it was 3 gb for the beta.... and thats a 2d game o.0 it sucks cuz it seems like they are pushing the little men (myself included) further away from being able to play by increasing the size of everything.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Woah 10G.
With my internet speed it'd take days and weeks to download. :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
lol dude.. that's a 3D Game though. Of course 3D games are gonna be bigger, although 10 gb is a hell of a lot. I remember d/l'n DFO for beta, it was 3 gb for the beta.... and thats a 2d game o.0 it sucks cuz it seems like they are pushing the little men (myself included) further away from being able to play by increasing the size of everything.

All other 3D games I've played (Shaiya, Cabal, FlyFF, Perfect World) were only 1-3GB. I was just surprised that Aion is 10GB. Can't wait for the OBT on Sunday.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I was debating wether or not to buy this on steam, but instead of wasting my bandwidth twice, i'm going to wait for release, this seriously looks like an amazing game. Espcially the game time concept.

Lewis.

Back