• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Any vets still on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The almighty chicken
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel people get too caught up in the drama with 'development' and whatnot (wether in public forums or behind the curtains...), they kind of forget that, if it has to do with a server, the players should come first no? Lifeline of the server, etc etc. It's like how nexon effs up royally many times because it seems like they don't actually play the games they create. There is a big line drawn between 'players' and 'leechers'.

Some actually enjoying playing the game and being fans of the developers or servers. That's more respectable in my opinion. Like a lot of people say the community is usually what is the biggest factor for pservers aside from the custom mods. I don't think the leechers or repack downloaders or anything fall into that category but just the average people you meet while playing or discussing with on forums. Kind of like the difference between a small classroom and a huge lecture hall? Pservers have that cozy and homey feel. And to me it's the pservers that are established that are like this or have a community of players or forum posters that are like minded or known each other from before. It doesn't always have to be THE BEST or THE MOST PRO CODERS.

Frankly, I can not remember a single moment back in the days where you said anything useful, but this.. Couldn't agree more.
Also to sinister, kevin is right. I wasn't pro back then, at all. I was in my first stages of learning to program. The thing however which differentiated me from other programmers was that I was (and still am) extremely creative. I made a lot of cool features for my server, and together with the fact that ChickenMS had one of the best communities (from what I've heard) turned it into a good server. Hell, I knew poop about optimalisations/concurrency/multi-threading/ or even IO back then, but it was sure a nice ride on the road to knowledge.

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
So many old school people ;o

I kind of got a fuzzy and warm feeling now :D

I am totally making a clean OdinMS v55 server for the heck of it :p Trululu.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Odp: Any vets still on this?

ChickenMS... I still remember it =) It was one of my favourite servers.

Best Commu NA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yep.
Back when Titans Source was first released and was buggy as hell.
And then coolguy or whatever his name was got sued up the butt.

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel people get too caught up in the drama with 'development' and whatnot (wether in public forums or behind the curtains...), they kind of forget that, if it has to do with a server, the players should come first no? Lifeline of the server, etc etc. It's like how nexon effs up royally many times because it seems like they don't actually play the games they create. There is a big line drawn between 'players' and 'leechers'.

Some actually enjoying playing the game and being fans of the developers or servers. That's more respectable in my opinion. Like a lot of people say the community is usually what is the biggest factor for pservers aside from the custom mods. I don't think the leechers or repack downloaders or anything fall into that category but just the average people you meet while playing or discussing with on forums. Kind of like the difference between a small classroom and a huge lecture hall? Pservers have that cozy and homey feel. And to me it's the pservers that are established that are like this or have a community of players or forum posters that are like minded or known each other from before. It doesn't always have to be THE BEST or THE MOST PRO CODERS.

Nevertheless, you were and you still are an overdramatic stick. Oh and hi.

Have Fun!
Reaction score

Or in short: Be a human, and only then be a badass developer.

I've said it many times already so I'll make it short this time: making a good server is not just about writing good code - you also need to be "well coded" yourself. If you had to choose between a fully coded server with huge assholes as staff or a not-so-well coded one with nice staff members? Most people will go for the second. You can understand why.

-Sent from my mobile-

Reaction score

Attachments

• localmscms - Any vets still on this? - RaGEZONE Forums
    localmscms.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:cool:

EDIT: I found an old screenshot:
Man that brings back some good memories, I Ducking miss LocalMS. I should try to find my old HD from my old PC, and dig up the folder with the 500+ SS's of Local XD.

I remember when we had to take a SS and be level 200 in order to apply for the v88 alpha test, heh.
gmsinister - Any vets still on this? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man that brings back some good memories, I Ducking miss LocalMS. I should try to find my old HD from my old PC, and dig up the folder with the 500+ SS's of Local XD.

I remember when we had to take a SS and be level 200 in order to apply for the v88 alpha test, heh.
gmsinister - Any vets still on this? - RaGEZONE Forums

You should post them :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh man do I ever remember Odin,

No buddy system for a while I remember when they get that working!. No 3rd job and Guilds were a no-no.

Look at how far development has come since then. Oh god is this me getting old!?

Back?
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We are all getting old lol we all played maple alot in those days and now its just about hacking from time to time and what not lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back