Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone check out the Tera Online 1st Closed beta over the last weekend?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is this thread bugged ?

Anyways, I've played it with marshal and iain. It's good! Combat is fun and graphics are nice. Didn't play too much knowing that characters will be wiped again and again and again till beta's over.

Yeah thread seems bugged.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this thread bugged ?

Anyways, I've played it with marshal and iain. It's good! Combat is fun and graphics are nice. Didn't play too knowing that characters will be wiped again and again and again till beta's over.

Yeah thread seems bugged.

Yeah I played it and I'm 22 at the moment, CBT ends at midnight also.

I liked it more so then B&S, the combat is more clean and fluent and the game is not as slow paced.

I believe also the characters don't get wiped, you keep them throughout the 5 closed betas. They wipe at open beta though.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I hate cloudfare, its garbage. It ate my lovely post.

I'll try again.

I wondered if there was any interest in the game at all. I played the beta this weekend and so did a couple of my friends. We've played several other mmorpgs together including L2 and AION for lengths of time, (never wow!)

Anyway, Let me try this again.

I asked them all what they thought made Tera stand out from the other mmorpgs. It was a pretty much unanimous answer of "the combat" which I call the targeting system.

Basically you don't auto-target mobs, you have to keep targeting them as you play and you aim where your crosshairs point. I found it very easy and intuitive, but if the mob moves - you need to re-aim. It really feels more natural, and if you've played a first person shooter at all, it really feels more like that type of targeting but in an mmorpg game.

Pets are always one of my favorite parts of any game. I'm a girl and I love cute things. Well in Tera, that is how you set up a shop, YOU don't sit in town and sell things like in L2 or even in AION, you buy a pet and it sits in town as a shop. According to what I read, any of your characters on that account can access that shop, but closed beta was limited to one character per server, so didn't get to try that out.

Also didn't get to try out pvp, but did a bit of dueling. More difficult with the targeting system that's for sure.

There are and I recommend you check out the links I provided for details. I wont list it all out but the basics are all there. Races can be any class, and races have specific skills. In beta I didn't get to all the details of this.

Overall its a pretty game, graphics seem very detailed, gameplay seems interesting because the targeting is more fun, imo. Overall my friends and I liked it, and I'm guessing we'll be back for more in the next beta, they seem sad its ending.

So that's some of what I said before. I wondered how much interest there is in this game, and if I should bother adding screenshots or any other details.

Reaction score
Seems pretty sweet. Its like dragon nest with more mature graphics and open worlds instead of instanced dungeons. Gets really boring after a while.

Not sure if I want to get it yet or not though with guildwars 2 and diablo 3 being so close.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find the existence of "Elins" in it rather... off putting.

It's so... pedo'ish. Female only childlike race in skimpy outdits? No thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well There are lots of korean/chinese/japanese games like that out there, that's just how they are lol.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score

They have little animal ears and tails too.
I'm not arguing with that at all, but well most games have that. L2 has the dwarf girls, aion had players making tiny little chibi characters who lady the same slutty armor as their taller counterparts... and other games I'm sure have that as well. I don't typically do those so I'm not fully certain of all of them :rolleyes:

Seems pretty sweet. Its like dragon nest with more mature graphics and open worlds instead of instanced dungeons. Gets really boring after a while.

Not sure if I want to get it yet or not though with guildwars 2 and diablo 3 being so close.
Seems like a good problem to have to me. Lately I've been wondering what to play, but guess that's because i'm not into swtor.

Reaction score
Is it auto attack then 1234 skills to kill a target? or is it fast phase?

Think elder scrolls games, Morrwind, Oblivion, Skyrim, in a MMO form.

Seems like a good problem to have to me. Lately I've been wondering what to play, but guess that's because i'm not into swtor.

Wanted to play that too but I'm way too attached to swords and magic. lol

Only sci-fi mmo I'll play is EVE and Anarchy.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Is it auto attack then 1234 skills to kill a target? or is it fast phase?
No auto attacking involved. (Sounds like you are describing cabal) There are chain skills, but you don't just sit and press one or two buttons you have to be involved and keep on the target.

I found it pretty fast-paced, because I had to keep on the target. So far most normal mobs went down fairly easily, some harder mobs of course took a little longer. I didn't get high enough to try out a raid boss, I was only 15, but there were level 20ish players doing raid bosses. Level cap was 22 over this last weekend.

Map is an open world like Lineage 2, not map-based. You can travel between cities via Pegasus or some teleports to certain quest-instances that I have seen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I herd dis game is uber grindfest.

Sounds fun, ya?

Grind? What grind? lol there is no grind. usually only have to kill like 5-10 mobs if the quest requires it, or collecting items and such, it's balanced.

Back