• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Arcturus] Security Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to go through all your stored procedures and replace the old db names with your new ones

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to go through all your stored procedures and replace the old db names with your new ones

yes i know that.

But i cant find the old db name in Stored Procedures Properties could you show me the lokation where you edited your new databas names because i cant find it in Stored Procedures Properties.

Thx !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What should i write instead of Username1, Username2, pass1 and pass2?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, im done wit heverything now, but i have a new error...

Sql connection failed on login server...

I redid my ODBC and for seeven_ORA i changed default database to new seven_ORA db...
SHO to new SHO db ans SHO_LOG to new SHO_LOG db...

Any help? what have i done wrong?

TGN Studio's
Reaction score
The config needs to still say sho but have the new user/pass

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok, but i got it working now, but i am using windows nt verification...

so the dns should still be named SHO(for example) and the default databse should also still be SHO but i should not use windows nt verification and instead use the new user and pass?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys where do i change the db names? into the sql's? but where is the name wrote there is so much matches for example like hundreds of seven_ora's in the seven_ora sql... =\

im confused

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys where do i change the db names? into the sql's? but where is the name wrote there is so much matches for example like hundreds of seven_ora's in the seven_ora sql... =\

im confused

Like icon said rename all the stored procedure to your new database names...

Let's say your database name was youraidiotSho then rename all your stored procedure from SHO to youraidiotsho inside the stored procedure.

Scroll up a little and look at buzbee's screenshot shows you where to find all your stored procedure in your databases.

Hope that helps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, in the step 5 what i should do is remove the SA (master) and grant permission all my 3 databases?.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, in the step 5 what i should do is remove the SA (master) and grant permission all my 3 databases?.

Step 5. if you read my old post's asking about it the hint is there that is if you read each post for the security fix.

But run a query with step 5. run it under " Master " bam ! that is all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im facing this problem for like 12 hours now. I think i have tried everything. My mind it out of ideas atm to fix it -.-

It just keeps saying "sql connect failed ..." no matter what! Pretty frustrating, 12 hours in a row trying to fix this problem and nothing works.

at user dsn click seven_ORA or SHO or anyother dbase click configure and click next, now click next again. and you will see something called other database (dutch translation) *and put it on default if you can't select all your databases* click next and click finish test and click final ok if you have succes.
*just repeat the steps above but select the database you want to use.

hope it helps

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmmm isnt this all more easy to edit the database install script when installing it all fresh?:$:

TGN Studio's
Reaction score
Whats everyone want Vid tuts for this is so easy to understand.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
buzbee, Would Tribal actually fix DC problem that occur when you teleport to maps ?

TGN Studio's
Reaction score
Question One was Buzz in this post? I must have missed it. And what are you referring to when you Say tribal? Are you talking about my tribalGuard?

And tribal Guard was coded to work with Inferno When it was Open a few had a version we did to use on None Inferno clients but them are rare. Also the teleport bug i think was an easy fix i just don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back