Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Articles on Ragezone homepage

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I love to see how Dan is trying to attract people to ragezone homepage. It's good and I like it.

But here is idea, kinda copied.

I am pretty sure most of you know about Gizmodo. So you see, they post good poop from personal blogs to homepage.

If we could get something like this for ragezone, maybe home page would be more alive.

Just saying. Also we can limit so only subscribers + can write articles, and later on legit editors can approve some blog posts to home page.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Only the news editors can write articles then MentaL or someone approves it something.

Last edited:
We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Correct. That's how it's done atm.

If anyone knows how Gizmodo or any other web-site of theirs work, you will know what I mean.

Yes but you want subs + to do it...?

Thats way too many people.

Also can you explain this Gizmodo thing? You assume everyone knows what your talking about.

Last edited:
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
AFAIK gizmodo let's you post personal blogs/articles.
If you article get popular or editor approves it, it will go to gizmodo homepage.

Yes there would be a lot of people, but I am pretty sure not everyone would write and not everyones blog/article would get popular or displayed on home page.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry jM2, you clearly don't understand how the Gawker network sites work.

If your talking about "Comment of the Day" articles, you'll have to write something good, on topic, and can draw a lot of discussion.
The only reason why user's comments gets to become a "article" on Gawker sites, is because they are all "blog sites" and not real "news sites" like IGN or Gamespot(hence why there are times things that are hardly related gets posted).

I don't know if RZ is trying to be a blog or news or even a hybrid site, at this stage I'm thinking it's a blog site, since most of the articles being posted right now are all blog-ish type. And I'm also not sure if there's anyone approving articles/news at all either, since mental is busy, so I don't think he has the time to check every single one?

PS. Another popular site/network which is also a blog site is Joystiq, which doesn't have user comments for articles.
PSS. Almost forgot about Engadget, WoW Insider, Massively and w/e other one. Which they all are owned by AOL.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, we actually have blogs in our profile, and I did start using mine, but found it didn't support WoT... so that doesn't sit well with me. :wink: But I know some RaGEZONErs are really serious about bloging here. If their blog articles are "front page" worthy, it probably wouldn't be hard for a sufficiently privileged user to copy them out to the front page.

MentaL always seems up for a competition to encourage people to contribute... maybe ask people to submit RZ blog links, and the best one gets a spot on the front page and a winner name or so?

If a trial goes well, it could become a regular thing, I'm sure.

Mods where recently asked if any of them felt like making regular articles on the front page, so I think it would be nice if some of that content came from the larger RZ community... via a mod, so there is still control. :D:

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, we actually have blogs in our profile, and I did start using mine, but found it didn't support WoT... so that doesn't sit well with me. :wink: But I know some RaGEZONErs are really serious about bloging here. If their blog articles are "front page" worthy, it probably wouldn't be hard for a sufficiently privileged user to copy them out to the front page.

MentaL always seems up for a competition to encourage people to contribute... maybe ask people to submit RZ blog links, and the best one gets a spot on the front page and a winner name or so?

Mods where recently asked if any of them felt like making regular articles on the front page, so I think it would be nice if some of that content came from the larger RZ community... via a mod, so there is still control. :D:

Pretty much all I had to say.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but was this post directed at me? If so, you obviously didn't understand or possible read through my post properly at all...

And RZ Blog was removed a while ago(or possible just bugged out or something).

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
RZ blog was removed because no one used it I believe.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the idea of having it so anyone (subscribers +, whatever) can submit things and they can be approved. That would encourage more people to write, even if it was just one article. Not everyone can commit the time to being a writer but they might have one topic they want to talk about. This way it would be more diverse.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of having it so anyone (subscribers +, whatever) can submit things and they can be approved. That would encourage more people to write, even if it was just one article. Not everyone can commit the time to being a writer but they might have one topic they want to talk about. This way it would be more diverse.

MentaL could bring back vB blog and do that then have some sort of feature that let's users rate it. If the blog gets a lot of high ratings or it gets liked a lot then the thread would be displayed on the homepage through some wordpress vBulletin bridge.

I kind of like this idea.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ultimately yes. I didn't realise that the blogs had gone. When I was doing mine, I noticed that some users seemed to only use the Blog feature, and never posted anything anywhere else. They seemed to blog 4 - 6 times a week though.

I figure that's fine since, to be fair, most of us stick to things we know and like. (if you don't have something useful to say, say nothing)

Yea... my blogs seem to have gone. (I hadn't missed them) XD So getting that back would be the first step... until then, we'd have to submit posts or threads for consideration. (not such a cool idea, they way there is usually some level of animosity in most threads)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, recent events mean it's not the time to be looking at this. It's worth keeping in mind, but will have to wait for a later date. :wink:

Back