• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Ask me anything regarding Aion Development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to add higher remodels? example remodels from version 7.7 and add it to version 4.3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to add higher remodels? example remodels from version 7.7 and add it to version 4.3

I would assume this COULD work by simply copy/pasting the image assets from a newer client onto an older one. You're only replacing images and other assets related to textures, and if you add anything the client doesn't use, it SHOULD disregard those file and function normally. This is only conjecture, and I only mention it because I have done it with a different MMO and it worked. Doesn't mean it will here, though. I would wait for a definitive answer though.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I would assume this COULD work by simply copy/pasting the image assets from a newer client onto an older one. You're only replacing images and other assets related to textures, and if you add anything the client doesn't use, it SHOULD disregard those file and function normally. This is only conjecture, and I only mention it because I have done it with a different MMO and it worked. Doesn't mean it will here, though. I would wait for a definitive answer though.

You are kinda right, but there is one caveat! The player models differ between 4.3 and 4.5+ or maybe it was 4.7.5+ but the player models won't fit older models.
I guess the only way to find out is to try it, but I see more questions about modifying clients than I do about aion emulation. If you want to use a specific weapon or candy, play a version that naturally supports it, it's less of a headache than trying to modify a client to cater to the changes.

in WoW things are a lot different as the models stay the same and you can do a lot of funky editing of maps and models but for Aion... meh, not worth the struggle tbh.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello StingerOne.
I'm kinda struggling with "Speech Bubble Title". May I have tutorial or explanation about how to enabling it or which data I supposed to go in order to enabling.
Current aion project that I'm developing is 4.9

Thank's in advance for any explanation/help!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why almost every emulators written in java? Why nobody use C#? Is c# unable to use to create emualtor for aion? I also checked your Aion Online Emulation Development Theory, and have some questions:
1 Encryption is needed from game directly, like without it game will not understand packets?
2 If game directly needed encryption does it mean anyone can send packets to server and controls it?
3 Is there any list describes packets name and also how to determine what is this packet do & what opcode belong what packet?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried it but im getting an error "replace me" the read thingy :(

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why almost every emulators written in java? Why nobody use C#? Is c# unable to use to create emualtor for aion? I also checked your Aion Online Emulation Development Theory, and have some questions:
1 Encryption is needed from game directly, like without it game will not understand packets?
2 If game directly needed encryption does it mean anyone can send packets to server and controls it?
3 Is there any list describes packets name and also how to determine what is this packet do & what opcode belong what packet?

There has been a C# base started, you most certainly can use C# but then you are stuck running it on a windows machine which is more expensive to run in the cloud. The Java Code base is an old attempt at building a cross platform emulator that can run on any machine that supports java and their Java Virtual Machine(JVM).

People continue to develop the java code base because lack of coding knowledge and also worries about trying something new.

Rebuilding an emulator is actually pretty easy, if you don't care about instances and all the extra stuff that require custom code solutions.

With this all being said, the java code base is incredibly bloated and I don't recommend continuing to work on it as there are far better alternatives from an engineering point of view. This is just my opinion :)

1. There is a static key that is used on the login server to encrypt the first login packet SM_INIT, inside SM_INIT is the new blowfish key to use for the rest of the login packets the server receives and sends.

The game server creates a server key and a client key using a base integer and that base integer is then obfuscated and sent in the SM_KEY packet when the client connects to the game server for the first time.

The client and server can both encrypt and decrypt packets with a key they have both agreed on using.

2. You technically can MITM the SM_INIT when the server sends it to the client since you know the clients static key to decrypt it. You can also MITM the SM_KEY packet and de-obfuscate the base integer to create the initial client and server keys.

This becomes very complicated though especially on the game server side because you need to know which iteration of the base integer is being used in the key and with how fast packets get sent(20 or so just to enter game in a matter of a few seconds) it's a tough task as hacker to try match timings and hope you can catch up.

You also have the issue of needing to know what the packet data is as it's used to cycle the key in the decryption and replace it with the old key.

3. Not a public list that I know of, the values change based on what aion version you are using, for eg. I am building my emu using my 4.5.0.31 client from 2014 and the opcodes are not documented so I need to manually verify packet content and match up the opcodes. If you are just learning, it's best to start with a client that's documented and has a java emulator for it already so you can match the opcodes easily.

I tried it but im getting an error "replace me" the read thingy :(

Sorry, I don't modify my client so I am not sure how to switch models. I play with a clean 4.5 client.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm looking to get costumes & pets & wings from the client, I've extracted items.pak. and all i got was 22kb of dds files,, they are icons. but no signs of full models .. where should i be looking for?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm looking to get costumes & pets & wings from the client, I've extracted items.pak. and all i got was 22kb of dds files,, they are icons. but no signs of full models .. where should i be looking for?

wings are located in objects/pc/wing all the mesh pak files contain the wings.
pets are located in objects/npc/pet all the folders are the different pets with the .cgf being the cry engine models.
items such as weapons, costumes, etc are located in items inside all the mesh pak files.

items.pak won't have what you want. I don't modify any of the client files so I don't know much more than that quick check.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I edit weapons and armor stats ? I've opened up my item template inside C:\Aion3.5\Aion_3.5_Emu\AionServerPlay\AionGameServer\data\static_data\items. So my problem is I change the min and max dmg even attack speed but nothing inside the game actually changes not the values nor the actual speed of the weapon

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi StingerMan !! I need info about spawn npcs in different strategy points for a "especial events".- For example, spawn Illuminary Obelisk boss in middle of sanctum... Put "Portals" to "x" place en sanctum too and modify the items to buy in npc shops, and make a "Welcome Box" with "x" items. Ty for help !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello where to find the motion effects? It seems my problem is missing effects of motion not the animation.

Back