Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Atom Dual-Core 1.6Ghz -- Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I saw the ad on rz for a cheap dedicated host of 39$
The first things I see about it are that it is unmanaged and has this new cpu I have yet to hear of [topic-title].

I curious as to how this cpu rates with others. I read some reviews that said it was out performing numerous other cpus of higher ratings and some that say it can't even support video playbacks.

Any opinions of references as to how it measures up?
Full RZ Google link: Not sure if the link is dynamic or not, but you can find it at the bottom of most threads.

Reaction score
Well if you want the short answer, it is basically a CPU used in laptops. It's out there with Celerons. Don't expect it to do much at all.

Not even. Atoms are designed for netbooks which are laptops with the power from 6 years ago but they do use little to no battery.

If you want a low end file server then an Atom would do well. Or maybe for a low volume DHCP/NAT server. Stuff that wont stress it. Run a web server on it and it'll crash in no time.

NoPeace - out

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is the exact response I expected. 'Appreciate the responses though.
/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back