Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best current-gen single player games?

Reaction score
Hit me up with all types. Been out of the gaming loop for a while. Got a fresh video card and am ready to spend countless hours playing through all the good games over the past few years.

All I've really played are crysis and assassins creed. Will start skyrim tomorrow- any more I should check out?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
... are crysis and assassins creed. Will start skyrim tomorrow- any more I should check out?

Nice choices, I'd suggest playing the Elder Scrolls Oblivion before Skyrim, just to try and possibly Brink and Fallout.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, The Darkness 2 and Dark Souls :thumbup:

Reaction score
Definitely (no specific order):

Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Bulletstorm, Dead Island, Far Cry 2 (or wait for 3), Splinter Cell: Conviction, Prototype (or wait for 2), RAGE, Mafia 2 (BIG suggestion, had a BUNCH of fun), Homefront, East India Company (naval strategy/trading game), Portal 2, Burnout Paradise (racing game), Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

I played all of these myself. I still want to play LA Noire (came out on PC recently) but I have to find the time.

I didn't like Brink that much.

I have a 560 myself. Ran most of these on my OLD GPU, a HD4890

Reaction score
Awesome, will compile a list and start downloading. duck paying for games nowdays tbh. Not paying $80 for 20 hours of gameplay.

Getting a solid 45-50 fps on skyrim so I'm happy.

Edit-
Ugh, skyrim blows. Maybe I miss morrowind too much, or have just lost interest in huge RPGs. I may have not played it long enough, I stopped a bit after I killed that spider boss. I may just find a decent racing game or something. Already played burnout paradise, was pretty fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Restarted on Skyrim and rolled a dark elf as a mage / archer. Having a lot more fun with it now, played 10 hours straight this morning lol.

I may try new vegas. I played halfway through fallout 3 before I stopped playing. Is new vegas more fun?

Still trying to find a decent racing game too. I enjoyed flatout 2 but I heard 3 was poop.

Dead Island for shawwwwww

Looked it up on youtube, doesn't look like my kind of game really...

Reaction score
Yup, Mirror's Edge is great!

I'd like to add Kingdoms of Amalur to my list - started playing it today and played a few hours straight!

Racing games I've played
Burnout Paradise
Race Driver: GRID
Lego Racer (aw yeah)

Reaction score
Is Kingdoms of Amalur good? It looks pretty sweet; I love games that put badass effects on weapons.

I may redownload GRID now that I have a proper card to run it smoothly. I'm pretty burned out with burnout (lol).

Reaction score
I didn't know what to expect of KoA (didn't watch any videos, trailers, etc.) but so far I'm loving it. It's a really badass hack n slash, skills, magic, 1283129038190238 different weapons and armor, you can NAME YOUR OWN CREATED ARMOR (salvage old armor, get parts, create new poop, name it).

There's just something awesome about wielding a bigass Ducking sword called Bigass Ducking Sword.

Oh, PS:

I have a 560 as you know, I play on 1920x1080, highest settings possible in the game (not a crazy lot of choice but it looks sweet anyway), vsync on, 60fps steady.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna list some games that I like.

Bastion
Limbo
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin Creed
Silent Hill Homecoming
Amnesia Dark Descent
Darksiders
Fear 3

Just tell me if you didn't like the list I've gave. Because I could give more.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I'm gonna list some games that I like.

Bastion
Limbo
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin Creed
Silent Hill Homecoming
Amnesia Dark Descent
Darksiders
Fear 3

Just tell me if you didn't like the list I've gave. Because I could give more.

Most of that are outdated,
how can I say?
outdated but the bests one

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd say that I dont judge a game by its age :]
I'll recommend you some of the classics like Diablo 2, Fable: The Lost Chapters, DMC series, Serious Sam Series and some of the new ones like Darksiders, The Drakness 2, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Skyrim.

Back