Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Big Picture about Forsaken World

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This small tutorial aims to give you a broad idea about Forsaken World:

*We can work at any version of Forsaken World at any given date and it has some common characteristics for versioning:
-Specific Server Version
-Specific Element Version
-Specific Tasks version
-Specific Patch version
-Specific Game Data Versioning Systems.

*Primary resources(Core resources that have to be used):
1)Game client from Shenmo Wanmei or official for a specific version.
2)Angelica 2.O source that is used to make the Game engine SDK which is used for compiling tools and the client source.
3)Client source that enables you to create your own client executable for a specific version.
4)Server files containing maps,binaries,aiscripts and so on for a specific version.
5)Server source that is usually formed of 3 main components for a specific version:
I-wnet mainly for networking and database.
II-wskill for skills library commonly known as libskill.so
III-wgame mainly for game server and requires libskill.so for the linking process.

*Secondary resources(optional yet Important for high-level modifications):

6)Base Data for Data that requires to compile the following binaries {elements.data,path.data,aipolicy.data} in client/data using SMElementData.
7)Base Data for TaskTemplate that requires to compile the tasks binaries in client/data using SMTaskTemplEditor.
8)Base Data for maps building stuff that outputs game files for map that are used for both server/client using SMElementEditor.
9)Base Data for animations that output data\animation.ans

*Conclusion:
In order to make significant modifications to Forsaken World, it's necessary to make coordinated edits across all relevant resources. The specific steps and elements that need to be adjusted will vary depending on the type of modification you want to make.

I just wrote this tutorial to help a friend. It's based on my previous experiences and general understanding of the game. Feel free to correct me if you notice a mistake!

Back