• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Black Metal] If you like some black metal ;)

Human Version 2.35
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not really a black metal type, but I gave 'em a try... They don't sound that great tbh, quality is very poor, and sounds pretty boring to me... but like I said, I'm not really a black metal fan.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh god, Throne Of Oblivion was total Ducking garbage. The guitar is like so damn weak. No solos, barely even more than 11 notes throughout the entire song (that I could hear btw) because the sound production wasn't that great either. Forgotten God however was awesome, up until about 1:25 where the drummer starts this weird beat that has no place in that song. Compared to the rest of the band and what they're doing, the drummer sounds like an imbecile. Now, I won't say that there isn't room for improvement. Because there is always room for improvement. Drop your lead guitarist and get someone who isn't afraid of doing a rad solo anywhere in the song for no apparent reason. And also find a drummer who can actually use a double pedal.

Human Version 2.35
Loyal Member
Reaction score
BTW, I've noticed something interesting. How come all black metal bands sound almost the same, and have almost the same logo? :S

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
BTW, I've noticed something interesting. How come all black metal bands sound almost the same, and have almost the same logo? :S

They don't, good example would be Dimmu Borgir and Cradle Of Filth. Sound completely different and way different logos, Cradle's is way better though imo.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So boring, its like a chore to listen to them. Although im not a metal fan itd be hard to judge.

Human Version 2.35
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They don't, good example would be Dimmu Borgir and Cradle Of Filth. Sound completely different and way different logos, Cradle's is way better though imo.

No, I'm not talking about bands like Dimmu or Cradle... I'm talking about what they call "old school black metal"... you know... Mayhem, Immortal, Gorgoroth etc... They all sounded almost completely the same to me, same noisy boring songs... I don't know... And the logos really look almost identical to me somewhy :S

But the stuff you said about bands like Dimmu, which are more Melodic/Symphonic Black Metal, yeah, they're good. Although I really don't like that genre, I have to say that they are doing really good work. Such bands really make good stuff and indeed they make more varied and more unique music.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nothing more to say to be honest. Unleashed & Iron Maiden said most of the things i had in my mind...

Also not a black metal fan, but it's okay for beginning, i guess.

Actually I mostly hate black metal. It's mostly cos i play guitar and listening to their harsh fucked-up riffs that go shhhzhhhzhzhshhszhzh. Make my head splashed in several pieces. I've met, lets say, a famous croatian black metal guitarist and he was weak as poop comparing to a normal guitarist that plays heavy/thrash... but eh, my opinion again.

Don't take it to seriously,

-G.

Human Version 2.35
Loyal Member
Reaction score
listening to their harsh fucked-up riffs that go shhhzhhhzhzhshhszhzh.
-G.

LoL. Mix a simple tremolo-picking riff with crappy-butt quality and that's exactly what you get. Static noise which is more commonly known as "Old School Black Metal"...

Reaction score
Hakuji - [Black Metal] If you like some black metal ;) - RaGEZONE Forums

Oh look, he's sad. :(

So I was at a few days ago with the Jazz combo I'm in... We're pretty damn good, I yell out, "Lets change to black metal!" Thinking of this topic...instantly we all start going crazy, and it pretty much sounded the exact same as these guys...

I think we're gunna hit it big.

Human Version 2.35
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So I was at a few days ago with the Jazz combo I'm in... We're pretty damn good, I yell out, "Lets change to black metal!" Thinking of this topic...instantly we all start going crazy, and it pretty much sounded the exact same as these guys...

I think we're gunna hit it big.

I lol'd xD

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Me too. XD

Meh well, i came to that satanic dude, he has a jackson dinky... I was like "Show me what you got" and man i didn't knew if i'd cry or laugh to death.

Watch this:

YouTube - S38

Well that was like the guitar skill he had... ;p

Human Version 2.35
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LoL @ Gonia's post XD

After seeing that vid I actually LoL'd IRL.

1vy

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude no offence but that band or your band I don't know Really Ducking sucked.There basically a piss take to black metal bands.

Back