• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Black screen issue with mir2 server/client set up

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello folks, I wouldn't bother anyone by asking for help unless I was desperately lost. I've searched everywhere for a solution but can't find one.

I've managed to get the server working up to the point where I run the mir2 executable and that's where it turns pear shaped. Hoping to be greeted by the colourful login display and the classic mir theme I am instead left with nothing but a black screen.

I ask: where have I gone wrong? All the gates are running fine - the server is completely set up, no errors. I am using the mir2 client 1.63mb from TD's latest files.

I downloaded the 2.3client from legendofmir.ftp and installed it over my original mir installation which was a mess of patches previously downloaded and installed one by one, so I think that may be the problem.

Please note that I don't receive any error messages: just a black screen, and my cursor clearly disappears when I hover over the place where the text entry boxes usually are. So it's running: I just can't see it or use it.

Sorry for the long post, if someone can solve my dilemma I will be eternally grateful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
change client program,or edit servers.ini
servername must be same to server

Back