• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Blast From The Past.jpg (V6)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hi I hate you all (thanks for the memories tho). organic find old source while backing up computer (organic switches point of views while typing and ignores grammar conventions now that he's older).

here is v6 emulator (with sauce code) by old rune flyff team (duotone me semih).

here is bugfixed version of rune flyff by gers that nobody likes (dats wacist but they smell funny)
gers don't give sauce code though. here have some binaries.

setup is easy. execute database, type things into notepad file (example information in there for u) and you play v6.

Client link uploaded by Error 404:

You will probably need to unpack the Neuz. I would recommend trying to find kiki's v6 client, as I think that was what we were using.

good times

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well thanks for the release, grabbed the client, going to see what's up with flyff after a fun break... I see that it ended up being a lot of sillyness once the official server files were out with sources...

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The Rune source was very non-standard code and poorly documented, not to mention it was very limitedly tested. Who knows how many dormant bugs exist in it that would have to be fixed. It would take experienced developer, at most, a month to completely revert the official v15 source to v6. This would be a fully stable source with minimal exploits and bugs, not to mention you would have the source code to the client itself.

Here's the Inventory code from Rune if you don't believe me about it being quite unusual.

Well thanks for the release, grabbed the client, going to see what's up with flyff after a fun break... I see that it ended up being a lot of sillyness once the official server files were out with sources...

The community development might have gotten "silly", but I can assure you that some serious private development has been going on since the source was released. Development that would make the old open source code seem very silly.

Oh also @Organic, why live in the past? There are good times to be had in the future as well. v6 was fun, but I'd say it's time to move on and explore more creative options in game development for Flyff.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The coding is wacky and it is poorly documented. I was going to mention it, but 99% of the people here really wouldn't care.

der are good times? bby show me the world, shining shimmering splendid.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The coding is wacky and it is poorly documented. I was going to mention it, but 99% of the people here really wouldn't care.

der are good times? bby show me the world, shining shimmering splendid.

Well, better times. v6/v7 was fun, but I wouldn't consider current eFlyff fun for most players. I haven't given up on Flyff, it can still bring players fun times if certain conditions are met. I know that many of the old players never will play again, and that's understandable as there aren't many players that would be satisfied with playing one game for so many years.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would be more practical to revert the current public source code to add v6 features while retaining the better security and stability of the current versions.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would be more practical to revert the current public source code to add v6 features while retaining the better security and stability of the current versions.
yeah okay I do understand this and do you really have to rephrase things that have already been posted in this thread?

"It would take experienced developer, at most, a month to completely revert the official v15 source to v6. This would be a fully stable source with minimal exploits and bugs, not to mention you would have the source code to the client itself."

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not to keen on using other people's sources, especially from what i've seen is archaic coding to me, I mean sure I would love to use it for reference, less time spent decoding packets, but iunno there a sort of thrill/adventure of coding things on your own, along with the learning experience it provides...

Back