Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
w7EU025 - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi there, it's been a long time now since I've published any content at all, a bit too busy with my studies, work and projects, but if I'm back today, it's to announce something that seems rather nice in view of the complete decadence of retros, due to a very great lack of originality on the part of the various Founders, but also, due to the new technologies that all Developers are snatching up to try and offer "THE MODERN RETRO".

Today, I'm here to tell you about BobbaGalaxy, a topic signed @SailorEudes talked about it a few months ago, as did another topic about "HRW CMS v26".

It's with great humility that I take up the torch on BobbaGalaxy, since I'm the main instigator, and I have a little time to kill in my daily life to focus on the development of BobbaGalaxy.

I. Summary...
BobbaGalaxy was my very first retro in 2011, back when it was full v26, for those who didn't know the v26, here's a little video :

Let me reassure you, I'm not the one who posted that video, it's someone else, so all my respect goes to her, because watching the video took me back to the past and it felt really good.

II. Developers
In all honesty, we've had a whole host of "developers" work on the project, and we'd have to say that 80% of them gave up due to lack of time, or simply lack of courage, because the problem was complicated, and the very idea of having to retype everything on HoloCMS scared them to death, either because of a lack of skills, or because they were asking for a lot of money (I assure you, I'm a good payer, but when it comes to €5,000 for this, I prefer to fend for myself).

Anyway, the current development team is made up of :

1. @Function - for the "bug hunting" part
2. @notaryz - for the HK part and a bit of CMS
3. @breno- for the customer part
4. Oliver - for the catalog part
5. @Swayn - for project management and development
6. @SailorEudes - For the desire to give OldSchool a boost

III. Client
A simple image can be worth all the best words in the world:

8QH4yEo - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

Yes, it's on Nitro, no worries about that, and for the rest of the customer, I'll let you take a look at our Community Discord!

IV. CMS

10DudYP - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

KBezABr - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

yLUV1ft - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

G6oJL28 - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

Citation
"I know this CMS, I know it's not you developers, but I can't remember what it's called."

Yes, good point Sherlock, no, we're not the developers of HoloCMS, nor are we the originators, we just made it compatible with Arcturus and fixed all the bugs related to existing/more existing features between before (v26) and after (Nitro).

And it's HRW CMS (for those in the know) developed by Vict0r, as indicated on the statistics page and the copyright, which will of course be left as is:

IyJS8XL - BobbaGalaxy - Shake Your Pixels - RaGEZONE Forums

And... Fun Fact: ALL features are functional, even Homepages for those who don't believe in them! :cool:

V. Opening
No precise date in mind, but you can assume that before Christmas 2023 we'll be officially open, after 8-9 months of development and sleepless nights ;)

VI. Discord
Here's where it happens:
https://discord.gg/qWjccRCq

That's all, I'll keep this topic up to date, so as to keep you informed, but you should know that you've seen absolutely nothing about the customer, so check out the Official Discord to find out everything you need to know, you'll be amazed for "old-timers" like me! :coffee:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back