Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BR/Jan/June Server And Client SETUP Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey Charm.
Now, I've got another issue.
The file inside the Phoenix DB is a .bak, not a MSSQL file, so every time I try to open it in MSSQL, it opens it in another program (Sage - accounting program) rather than MSSQL.
ugh.

.bak = backup format
used for many different programs INCUDING MSSQL.

None of the programs work for me:

FileList..
Gunz.exe (theduel.exe)
GunzLauncher.

Is this vista?
duck SAKE.

Yes, or its your anti-virus.

Dude make a SQL TUT i do not understand it at all.

The next thing you are going to want to do is open the Database. Right Click the Database> Restore> From File... and locate your GunzDB.bak file and open it.

i wounder if some ones changed some think.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
.bak = backup format
used for many different programs INCUDING MSSQL.

Yes, or its your anti-virus.

The next thing you are going to want to do is open the Database. Right Click the Database> Restore> From File... and locate your GunzDB.bak file and open it.

i wounder if some ones changed some think.

Yeah but it have some errors in there...
People cant do the DB with the scripts?

Reaction score
WAMP folders:
Click on WAMP Icon(bottom left of screen on start bar)
and click www dir
then make a folder called; gunzweb
and in that folder make a new folder called; GunzUpdate
Close that folder
open the www dir again
then make a folder called; Launcher
place the start.html and launcher_files in the folder named; Launcher

Download ZPatchBuilder and place it in your 'GunzUpdate'(in your www dir)
Now, copy all your files in Gunz folder and paste them into GunzUpdate. Delete off files like; Mlog, lastuser.dat, patch.xml, patchlog.
change the name of theduel.exe to Gunz.exe
Run ZPatchBuilder
It should generate a patch.xml.
now open the file and seach for patch.xml and ZPatchBuilder
and remove the name and the code till the next word.

also seach for Gunz.exe and change that back to theduel.exe
and save it
Your auto-update is ready to be used.

i didnt understand this part ~ what do you mean by seach 4 patch.xml and zpatchbuilder???:(:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used your tutorial to set-up my server. Not I have this problem; I can't acces the server, whilst EVERYTHING ( server.ini, locator.ini, agentconfig.xml & dbo.ServerStatus ( DB ) ), and it still says: "Can't acces the server." - Any Solution?

Also, when I open the client, at the login-page, it only shows me a Green dot, followed by "0/200". <<-- Might that be the problem?

Well, I'd like to hear a solution.

My OS is Windows 7, but all my server files are on Compability mode Windows XP SP 2 ( I tried them all, none worked ).

Thanks in advance,

Gallion.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm fine until:

"open system.xml(with note pad)"

Where is system.xml?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In client folder >> system.mrs.
Okay, I found the system.mrs but no system.xml and the mrs one isn't a text file. When I did the unpack.bat thing, it created a file named "foldername.mrs".

Also in the server setup, it says:

2) Within the Object Explorer Panel, right click the "database" folder, then click "New Database".

There is no database folder and no "New Database" option anywhere in Server Management Studio Express that I can see.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, I found the system.mrs but no system.xml and the mrs one isn't a text file. When I did the unpack.bat thing, it created a file named "foldername.mrs".

Also in the server setup, it says:

2) Within the Object Explorer Panel, right click the "database" folder, then click "New Database".

There is no database folder and no "New Database" option anywhere in Server Management Studio Express that I can see.

1. System.xml is in system.mrs folder. Use this ( http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/mrs-decompiler-ultimate-xzeenon-683291/ )to decompile system.mrs.

2. When you connect to SQL, you will see on the left side folder named Database, then right click and press "New Database"...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. System.xml is in system.mrs folder. Use this ( http://forum.ragezone.com/f245/mrs-decompiler-ultimate-xzeenon-683291/ )to decompile system.mrs.

2. When you connect to SQL, you will see on the left side folder named Database, then right click and press "New Database"...

Ah... More programs needed. I see. Might have been nice to include this in the tutorial.

Thanks.

[EDIT]

Oh, okay, you don't need the MRS Decompiler thing. That's good because it can't be found anywhere (without registering). You just need to use mrs.exe from the command line and it gives usage. Figured it out.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a problem. Ive done everything but whenever I try to start the game trough gunz launcher (wich I have configured) it says ''Starting Game'' but nothing happens and after a while it closes. This also happens with the original launcher.

Here are some pictures to show what the problem is.
MAXTRAXv3 - BR/Jan/June Server And Client SETUP Guide! - RaGEZONE Forums

These are to show you that the server is up..

BTW. I have my ports forwarded. altough im using localhost.

EDIT: New problem. ive edited the crc good this time and deleted the system folder. But now when I click start game it gives me a black screen for like 2 seconds and then closes and then going back to the launcher and then it closes.

Help would be appreciated,
Yfel

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guys i dont know anything i need help can someone help me ........
or send to me video plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
HEX EDITOR PROBLEM , HELP ME IF U PASSED THIS PART PERFECTLY !!!!

Editing Launcher[/center]
Now open your edited Launcher with HexEditor
Press CTRL+F(or click edit>Find)
Select "Text String" and Value type in "http" and scroll down till you see ip for updates
you will see some thing like this "http://127.0.0.1/Launcher/start.html"

Change the IP to ur WAN IP
also change the IP after the Word unknowen and Gunzupdate(you will see if you scroll down alittle)

if its shorter or londer then the orginal value select the first
click on the last letter/number of you host.
You will see that the that there is numbers on right side.
Now click there and make the values that you dont need 00.
If you do it right the numbers and letters will change to "."'s

Now your done with the launcher. Save it

I really don't understand this (the red part)
I Don't know what the editted launcher is so I just took the launcher from Gunz Client
but I get this if i wanna find :

Please help me on what to do :O
cuze I think I need to do this to play because when i start theduel.exe or Launcher , it goes to loading screen and in the middle of the loading , it crashed , somebody knows problem for that :eek: ?
THANX :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did all the shiz right but when i start launcher from gunzupdate folder , it loads i click startgame the launcher closes and nothing happens , when i start launcher from my gunz folder , servers don't appear :( pls help

I didn't portforward yet , but should i do it first to have servers working ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everybody having Launcher Problems :\ i setuped a launcher and it worked for 2005 , You guys use 2007 or 2005 its stablize.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just cant extract the "GunzDB (by Phoenix)" .rar file, what the hell? I copied the password, writed it, caps lock on, caps lock off. Tried everything: no results? Can someone re-upload it without the freaking password? Thanks!

Reaction score
I just cant extract the "GunzDB (by Phoenix)" .rar file, what the hell? I copied the password, writed it, caps lock on, caps lock off. Tried everything: no results? Can someone re-upload it without the freaking password? Thanks!

Hope i have the right to do that ,credit to phoenix!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast replies guys :3 But now i get an error from the .bak file, is it legit?
Here it is:

Thanks once again!

Reaction score
Be sure to do that before anything else and do it slowly:
Creating/Connecting the Database
Open Server Management Studio Express* (SMSE). Within the Object Explorer Panel you will notice the 'Database' folder, right click it, click 'New Database...'.
A 'New Database' form will open, and in the text input type 'GunzDB' and click OK, your database has been created.
The next thing you are going to want to do is open the Database. Click File> Open> File... and locate your GunzDB.sql file and open it.
In the toolbar there is a drop-down menu with the 'master' database selected, click on the arrow and select the 'GunzDB' database and click the button next to the drop-down menu, 'Execute'. A message showing 'Command(s) completed successfully.' should notify you that you have done this all correctly.

Creating the ODBC
Click Start> Run> and in the windows input type 'odbcad32'(or just type odbcad32 in seach bar for vista/7 users. You should already be in the 'User DSN' tab so change it to 'System DSN' then click on 'Add'. Another window should pop-up. You'll have to scroll all the way down to the bottom and select 'SQL Server' then click 'Finish'.
Another window/form will pop-up needing information for your new Data Source. For the name, type 'GunzDB', for the description you may type whatever you like, but for the SQL server you which to connect to, you must go back into SMSE*, look in the SQL Editor tool bar and click the 2nd icon which will disconnect you from data engine. Now click the 1st icon which will re-connect you, but make sure to copy the 'Server name' this time, then click 'Connect'.
Now having that in hand, you can go back to creating your ODBC and in the 'Server' text input, paste in your server name. Click next since the settings are currently fine. Now in the next part, click on the tick box and select 'GunzDB' from the drop-down menu and click 'Next' and finally click 'Finish'.
If you would like to check your data source, click 'Test Data Source...' in the window or you can just click 'OK' to finish. Now to completely finish it, click 'OK' again.

The DB is the basic thing in server making ifit's wrong u can't make a server.
Follow it and u got it ! By ragezone, thnx if ihelped :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah i followed the tutorial precisely and i have already done other databases and it's the first time such error happens, thanks for the help though but i don't think im doing anything wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back