• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Browser MMORPG Development question

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I been thinking about venturing out and trying to make my own(well not my own) browser mmo. I was hoping to get one going enough to bring to the community a new game. I like the browser games, mostly cuz I can play them at work on break.

So with a boat load of tutorials, and some tools I set out. But I quickly got stuck. I do have WPE, and I soon found out that getting packet info from a browser game is hard - well for me, bc i'm a noob..

Are there tutorials for grabbing a browser game? I've seen two so far (not tutorials), Shakes and Fdget and Travian, to name a couple popular ones, but I want to know HOW they do it, not work with a release, as there are a couple I would like to do. For example I like Serenia Fantasy from Koragame.

Don't need anyone to hold my had, just point in the direction of some good solid tutorials that will give me some insite to do this. who knows, if i get it half way working, i'll put it up and get more help, and add a new game to the list :)

thanks all!

Back