• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Budget gfx card for 3x 1920x1080 Monitors

Reaction score
Title says it all really. Looking for a cheap card that'll support 3 monitors. I wont be playing games on it so gamer cards aren't necessary.

Will be buying two more of these to go along with the one I have now,

Edit-
I do have onboard graphics and have seen people run two monitors off a video card and one off the onboard, though I don't think my BIOS lets me enable onboard if I have a PCI card / if onboard is enabled the PCI card isn't used.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could purchase a vga hub

I'm getting one very soon, I use multiple monitors for web design.

What is it you're planning to use 3 monitors with?

Reaction score
You could purchase a vga hub

I'm getting one very soon, I use multiple monitors for web design.

What is it you're planning to use 3 monitors with?

Unless I'm mistaken, that hub just shows the same display on 4 monitors. I need to extend, not multiply.

A third monitor would make a lot of the work I do for private servers a lot faster. Worth the investment, especially when time = money.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found an expansion module from matrox but they're quite expensive.

It's expansion modules you're looking for actually, so shop around.

I found this as well:

Last edited:
Reaction score
My PC doesn't have a displayport connection, nor does the monitor in that case.

I think I need to go with a PCI video card to run the third, but I'm waiting for someone with experience setting up three monitors to comment.

Currently using a GeForce 7300le (old old old I know), so I guess any card on the will work fine with it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to buy a 8400GS to go along with my 7300le from bestbuy since its local. I'll let you guys know how it works out, as there really isn't much quality info on the top google results (they're very vague).

Back