Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C++] League of Legends Server Emulator - Looking for developers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been wanting to play old versions of league of legends for years now and a while ago I decided to start tinkering with an old game client. I started reverse engineering the client around a year ago and I was surprised by the fact that Riot shipped a good chunk of their server code into the client. For some reason they also accidentally shipped debug symbols with the game client back then, I really don't understand why (or how) they would ever do that but that's a massive win for me lmao. I found a lot of interesting and useful information about the game and how it works and how one would go about implementing a server for the game. Granted this is an old patch, early season 2 (1.0.0.126), though it's perfect for me since I personally think season 2 was the golden age of the game. I was wondering if anyone else was interested in this kind of thing? I'd say this is a gargantuan task, though it definitely is doable. Though I know a lot about reverse engineering I am a failure when it comes to networking lmao. I've done some work on this already since I've been reverse engineering the client for a while now; packet definitions and packet structure are mostly done. I can't pay anyone to do this, but I'd be glad if anyone was interested in helping out. The two big things to get a server emulator to work would be implementing the server using ENet (it has to be the same version the game uses so 1.2.2/1.2.5?) and then implementing a lua engine to run the hero scripts Riot shipped with the client. Since they leaked the debug symbols I learned that they basically shipped full scripts for items, heros, etc. The scripts call on a set of API (called BB or BuildingBlocks) so if you implement the API to actually do what the functions says it does (e.g. BBIncStat) you'd have a working game. Though that certainly comes later, since the server has to be implemented first. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I would really appreciate the help if anyone is interested in this sort of thing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
View attachment 237714
View attachment 237715

já tem alguma nesse sentido, só que pelo que parece adptado para season 4
That's for season 4, so not related to what I want to do. Not to mention you'd have to code every single thing yourself since Riot stopped packaging full lua scripts into the client. I'm targetting season 2 because they packaged a lot of their server code into the client, which makes it infinitely easier to do compared to season 4 (relatively of course) That and I don't like season 4.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
tu pode mandar uma print de como ta esse código no clinet? pra ter uma noção do caminho pra fazer essas repostas, tenho alguma experiência em backend, trabalho com isso e estudo pra servidores rust, node, c#
I used google translate so there's probably going to have some confusion, sorry about that. If you could type in english that would be very helpful. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking? I don't necessarily have access to Riot's code, like I they didn't leave their full implementation of the back end if that's what you're asking. By reverse engineering the client what I was able to find, for instance, was the packet communication the game client sends and receives, so I was able to identify those packets and through that I more or less put together the packet definitions and packet structure, though that has to be implemented into an actual server to communicate with the game client. I also found out about the API they use to make heros, items, etc work. As in functions, events, calls, etc, which is why a lua engine has to be implemented to run those scripts that are already there, but all these functions and calls have to be implemented on my end, so I don't really have anything necessarily to show, aside from the little work I've done on the packets. I've also put together some overengineered BB emulation but I don't really want to look into that before having implemented the actual server to be able to get in game and test things. After the server is implemented the API would have to be implemented to do what the functions say they do, so for example, health, damage calculation, armour calculation (calculations for all stats), vision, pathfinding, collision, etc. Again, feel free to correct me, not really sure what you want to see

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I appreciate your detailed response, and I understand the complexity of the task you're undertaking. However, it would be extremely helpful if you could share a screenshot or some visual representation of what you've discovered so far. This would give me a better understanding of your progress and the challenges you're facing. Thank you.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your work on the packets, it's very informative and certainly useful for this project. I'm going to try and get hold of the Season 2 League of Legends client and see how I can kick off this project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your work on the packets, it's very informative and certainly useful for this project. I'm going to try and get hold of the Season 2 League of Legends client and see how I can kick off this project.
I can send you the game client lol if you really want to help out, I'd appreciate it, send me a dm please

If you have discord we could talk through there too, it'd be faster and I can send you the download link for the game client

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
make my dreams come true <3. league of memories and chronoshift have failed us. this is very exciting, let me help in anyway possible server funds and hosting all that. matching a few lines anything, duck riot. duck the police. give them my address etc lol i cant stand modern league! lets go! i really hope you are still interested if not this will only be my third heartbreak 🙏

Reaction score
Please keep working on this, i don't know alot about coding stuff but i will always be here if you ever need game testers. Season 1 - 3 league is the best thing i have ever played.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I sent you a PM, but you haven't logged in so I'll post it here:

I'm very interested in your project. Would you be able to send me the client?

I am in academia, so I don't have a lot of extra time, but I was wanting to get
started on reverse engineering League of Legends.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: I just got my hands on patch 4.20 (The first preseason 5 patch), but I'm still very interested in season 2 if I can get it.

edit: Picked up season 1 and season 2 client. I'm looking for S3 and S4 still.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How's it going? Is it possible to be able to officially access the game now?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How's it going? Is it possible to be able to officially access the game now?

He hasn't reached out to me (yet) but unfortunately, they'll have to be very cautious about it. Every previous project was taken down by them. The best way for them to do it is to secretly work on the project, then release it publically in a few locations all at once so that their hardwork can't be destroyed.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He hasn't reached out to me (yet) but unfortunately, they'll have to be very cautious about it. Every previous project was taken down by them. The best way for them to do it is to secretly work on the project, then release it publically in a few locations all at once so that their hardwork can't be destroyed.
League of Legends, Battle Royale, all of these games hopefully come out on the Poet server. Classic versions. And Rakion~.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Any updates on this? I have an old version of the client on one of my old laptops, last update is from some point in 2013 if it would help in any way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any updates on this?
Nothing yet, but a lot of people are keeping an eye out.

I have an old version of the client on one of my old laptops, last update is from some point in 2013 if it would help in any way.

Hey, could you zip the client and upload it? Old clients are extremely valuable for reverse engineering and the more we have out there, the better.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nothing yet, but a lot of people are keeping an eye out.

Hey, could you zip the client and upload it? Old clients are extremely valuable for reverse engineering and the more we have out there, the better.
Yeah man, I'll try to get it together tonight. Sorry for the super late reply, just remembered to check back in today.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
imagine recreating old league and is privately accessed with friends only.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Many ppl want old league back and if you do balancings + other little updates/custom modes it will be a banger
sucks that i have no experience with coding :( neither anyone wanna waste time recreating ....

Back