• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[C#] My program (ideas needed)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, I am not showing off. I am asking for ideas and am giving a preview.

I am coding a program in C# similar to WAMP SERVER. You will be able to open up your localhost and localhost directories if needed(maybe). You will be able to access your phpMyAdmin, and your XAMPP settings. Downloads will be provided for every update there is. At the first download of my program, you will be able to download the latest Apache XAMPP. Please be aware that I am in the beginning stages of C#.

I am currently accepting ideas and will be soon opening a website of my projects, downloads, and sources.

Waves'
Calor

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You haven't given any information on what this project might be. WAMP is three very successful, very complex and powerful products distributed together for ease of installation.

Are you intending to write something in C# that will be a webserver, SQL server, and PHP parser?

Or are you writing something that will just configure apache, php, and mysql?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You haven't given any information on what this project might be. WAMP is three very successful, very complex and powerful products distributed together for ease of installation.

Are you intending to write something in C# that will be a webserver, SQL server, and PHP parser?

Or are you writing something that will just configure apache, php, and mysql?

I am writing something that will allow you to get downloads and be able to go to your localhost, xampp, and phpmyadmin quicker.

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am writing something that will allow you to get downloads and be able to go to your localhost, xampp, and phpmyadmin quicker.

???

This isn't any better because:

1. I can think of 20 ways to get downloads which are pretty damn effective

and

2. 'localhost' is the system I'm sitting at.. I don't see how I can get somewhere faster than already being there...

This project makes no sense unless you actually define the problem and the goal which you are attempting to achieve, in no uncertain terms. These are vague, and don't give any meaning to the project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
???

This isn't any better because:

1. I can think of 20 ways to get downloads which are pretty damn effective

and

2. 'localhost' is the system I'm sitting at.. I don't see how I can get somewhere faster than already being there...

This project makes no sense unless you actually define the problem and the goal which you are attempting to achieve, in no uncertain terms. These are vague, and don't give any meaning to the project.

Like I said, on each version you download, there will be downloads provided such as XAMPP(the latest). Also, you can click on a link to direct you to http://localhost , http://localhost/phpmyadmin , and http://localhost/xampp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't get the point :\.

winkey+r "http://localhost/phpmyadmin" <-- takes me less time than finding a link and clicking it :\

The program is on your bottom right, you just click and click, just like WAMP SERVER.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
So you're making a program to link to localhost and various stuff at that?

That's probably the most simple thing you can do.

Back