Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Calling upon all former/current server owners...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Getting those MagicPT kept rightfully released was a major victory for real PT fans everywhere. This is just the start that these forums need to keep this section of RZ alive. However, the part that made this a bitter victory was that it did not come from the actual authors who wanted to willingly share it. It was like pulling teeth to keep it on here because certain people wanted to be selfish and sell things when they should have given back in the first place and re-released.

And here is the point im trying to make. PT is notorious for it's greed and secrecy in the dev community. And I'm not talking about just what goes on here on RZ. All the server owners here know what im talking about. I'm talking about the world of MSN and paypal, and the group chats that go on outside of RZ where improvements are made here and there and never see the light of day on RZ.

You have a handful of contribitors here on RZ making tutorials and small releases, but that coveted prize, those server and client exe's never see the light of day. Nor do the special modifications. I'm not here to blame anyone however, we all know hard work was put into place to accomplish these things.

But in doing this we're taking one step forward and two steps back. It wasn't until I read all the replies on this thread that made me see clearly what must be done for the first time.

This section on RZ is more than ever in a fantastic postion with the MPT files being allowed to surface. And in my opinion, never before has PT has so many talented RZ users that were willing to give back to the forums. With so many veteran server owners and dev's capable of doing much with files now -- I must wonder why the forums don't reflect it. In order to thrive, and to truely become a developmental forum, we should strive to release our work for all to improve/add upon that it may be repacked with added things later. Only if we all work together might we achieve that "perfect" release everyone is after.

I'm not saying we should endorse public servers or release it for that "type" of person which we all know are notorious for selling things. But for the sake of the average PT player who just wants to run a small server for thier friends to play with behind thier LAN, I think it'd be an awesome oppertunity for not only new people on these forums, but for our fellow server developers who just enjoy adding new things.

I realise most of the server dev's here have worked thier butts off, having to learn everything the hard way, with little help from eachother when it came to all those latest ground-breaking features. But all that misery could have been prevented if we'd just stopped the greed and helped eachother. So what I guess im asking is to have everyone let go of the greed and end it. It's been several years and the PT section hasn't gone very far compared to others on RZ.

I don't expect anyone to just drop what they're doing and follow this advice. Some probably wont want to give away any of thier work. But I know there are those out there who DO want things to change and wouldn't mind releasing thier work. But try to understand that it is counter-productive and more harmful to keep your work to yourself and not release it.

What i'd like to start seeing is [Release] Server A - Repack. [Release] Server B - Repack, ect. Come on guys, I know part of you wants to do this. I know I do. Of course -- i'd be a hypocrite if I didn't take my own advice. Which is why i'm releasing my LegacyPT work. Look for it in the releases section. Everything needed will be included, Web files, Server files, and clients both pub and gm.

I emplore the rest of you to do the right thing, and speed up development and allow for new members to start from something far more current and up-to-date. With any luck the cycle will continue and we'll have constant releases left and right. I may not control the actions of others, but I can still make a small difference myself. Countless hours learning, translating, and more, I know it will finally be put to a good cause.

And finally, everyone's thoughts and opinions on this are welcomed and encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Im afraid i dont have any exciting server files anymore. Ill check my backups but everthing i have done recently on my test server has been minor crap really. I am playing around with those MPT files currently and hopefully soon will have something fun to release. :)

Back