• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos Cannot connect to realmd database? [Amber]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been trying for a while now to figure out why this won't. See everything works soo smoothly with the latest Amber package, I had no real problems. Website setup alright, mysql and everything worked fine. realmd connected to the database ( ). As you can see it connects fine with "realmd" but the other one mysql refuses. The only thing I can think of is that mysql is not allowed sufficient amount of connections or something similar too it (No idea on how to configure that with the Amber GUI). I've checked and double checked so that the IP, username and pass is correct. It still won't let it connect. I'm kinda lost here and would really appreciate any help.

*EDIT* Found the problem, I was stupid enough to have erased the port for the realmd, so when mangos tried to connect to it it did so without the port number. Hence why it got kicked out. Added the port number and now everything works like a charm. Small things like these are tiny in all this mountain of code, but I'm hoping this might help others who might run into the same snag. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
Back