Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Changing Start Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
CoolGirl I believe had made a tutorial of how to change the starting equips for the game. But today she had deleted her tutorials off here and youtube.

Can anyone tell me how to change the starting items and level?
I used most of her tutorial to create my server, and don't want to start everyone at lvl15 with +20 or whatever equips, lol.

Anyone tell me where that setting is please?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to bump, but could someone PLEASE help me with this?
This is the only step I need before I can give out the info for my friends to play... :(

I've looked all through the PHPmyAdmin and though most of the files in VMware... but I don't even know exactly what I'm looking for...

Any help here would be much appreciated... :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
go to phpmyadmin directory zx user and find the id number 16 login on account. To change level is to use iweb but there is more fast way you can just delete dblogs and dbdata found in server side but before that back up your files because I havent tested it yet. To save your modified starting characters in root type ./db

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@wtvelocity
If you are using the version of mysql as I indicated to you by pm, place this file in the root folder of Linux

use commad : ./zxdb

File :
Credits: my team Project

ps : I will soon post a small tuto.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Lost Spirit
Thanks for the file.
I'm using VMware to run it via Linux...

When I put that file in the Linus root directory, same place as my start commands and everything, I tried running it from the command "./zxdb", same as where I normally run "./start"

But when I try that, it just comes up -bash

I know its in the same place as ./start and that i restarted the VM after...

What could be wrong?

@Abuhda
Thanks, I just did what you said and it got rid of man of the characters, but the cls0 characters still stayed there, because when I use "./db" I comes up "bad interpreter: and jibberish...

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ur need set permissions to file : chmod 777 zxdb
you linux is ubuntu or redhat? mine is redhat 4 work fine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
try going here : XXXXX for the Iweb but be careful

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! I've never got to use Linux before, so I'm even more in the dark than normal for setting up a new PS, lol.

Thanks alot for the script, I finally got it set right, AND it reset my lost character list...

I was trying to delete all characters by removing the GameDBD and Uniquename folders, and it removed those chars from the login screen, but they still existed... :\

Finally I can start the server clean... thanks again man! :D

Edit: PS: I couldnt' find IWeb tool on that page...
I googled it and found one for Mac... is that the only option?
If so, how can I best run it on a PC? I don't know what good mac emus are out there..

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WTF.... I did my little happy dance that my characters were no longer 15, not thinking them being lvl0 would be a problem...

I left for a while, came home, tried to get on, and I can create a char no problem.
Thing is, it creates them at lvl0, and when I try to start the game, the client closes down instantly: no crash log or "stopped responding"...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@wtvelocity

Dont double post, use "Edit" button. :)
you need to create the characters templete to the server if you deleted the database. oO

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In other words? How do I do that?

The folders that I deleted are already there again, made themselves again it seems.

Edit: I used another pack of files and replaced the Rain folder there with those ones...

Thing is, it seems alot of the quests that randomly pop up in the (?) are no longer translated... anyone have a translated version of those quests?

Other than that, I'm good to go, and have the server up already, thanks to so many peoples help :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh a small tip.

Once u set your default chars and the stuff Regarding them make sure to bann the account ID 16.

This way the character stuff will not reset every time the server reboots.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
once you set your default chars up way want thhem on the ID change to 16 you did to access them then you type [root@Games ~]# cd /usr/rain/gamedbd/
[root@Games gamedbd]# ./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportclsconfig and it will save their data permanently unless add/remove and run the command again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back