• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Cheap Video Cards (is it a good idea?)

Reaction score
Didn't read previous posts but I have the Radeon HD 6870. Pretty cheap for 2 DVI and an HDMI port including maxing out Sky rim, wayyyy worth what I payed.

So, define cheap. Like $30 cheap or $140 cheap.

Reaction score
Just so you know , flash streaming and games has nothing to do with video card. All flash is CPU consuming , and lately they have included GPU acceleration , to save your CPU. I have streamed videos , and played Flash Games on 8 MB video card.

Well, yea... Hence why i said low-end cards are only used for that, because they themselves can't render much. They are used as display adapters only. Hell, flash was barely around when that card came out.

Back