Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Clans & IIS 7

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,
Recently I've bought a new host with Windows Server 2008 Entreprise Edition and IIS 7 (cannot install IIS 6)

Does anyone already have successfully configured clans with IIS 7 and would let me know about how?

Thanks !

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I never tried use IIS 7 but its should be simple,
post here your errors you get and I will try to tell you how to fix it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, php is working and our account manager also... BUT I'm getting a noobish Error 58 when talking to the clan master lol...

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Then you didnt configured it good,
you did the virtual directories?
clan odbc connection?
new login for sql?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
We aren't using ODBC at all (even not for logging), we only use SQL.dll and Clan.dll

Yeah, the virtual dirrectories are made...
And no need to create a second login for clans

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Error 58 =

1. Your either missing ServerMain files
2. You're missing Clan files
3. The most common one is this one : You're sql scripts don't match. That happened to me, what you have to do is copy the ClanDb from your old host, and instead of just adding a new table and then replacing the ClanDb with your old one, go to the SQL Manager and put "Add/Insert" something like that and it should work fine.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Yup, and another thing that can cause error 58 is wrong configuration
maybe u did xxx/SQLEXPRESS instead xxx\SQLEXPRESS those little slash can do alot of things.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've known Moons for a long time and worked with him and personally I doubt he made one of those errors, he's more careful than that but yes tnrh1 is right, double check just in case. But knowing you, most likely it's the

3. The most common one is this one : You're sql scripts don't match. That happened to me, what you have to do is copy the ClanDb from your old host, and instead of just adding a new table and then replacing the ClanDb with your old one, go to the SQL Manager and put "Add/Insert" something like that and it should work fine.

I said above.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My configurations are correct and I have all the required files/tables, I'm not dumb ! :D It's just a problem with IIS 7 with execute scripts or something, Thanks for the help but I was just asking if someone had already configured a PT clan server with IIS 7.0 :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The whole issue with Clans is quite annoying. I had my struggle with it for over 8months..Sadly. I suggest deleting all the things, and also the services, then reinstall it step by step. not sure if someone made a guide, but I know there is a video guide out there somewhere.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem was IIS 7.0 I've never used it before and the interface has changed a lot

moons - Clans & IIS 7 - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Found it by write in google : "install iis7 on windows server 2008"

Google = your best virtual friend :D

Back