Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Collection of useful tweaks and fixes (expanding over time)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
PS: Can someone sticky or pin this so it doesn't get lost?

Since no one else seems to bother with this, I'll make a move against this "read through thread"-policy some users are putting up (often happened in runes of magic section, but also happened here) by collecting useful information here with quotes. This post will expand over time as I gather new content to quote here. This will also save thread creators from updating their posts and users have a central source of information they can refer to.

Special note to german players or anyone else whose SSMS shows a login for SA and not sa

The lines in ServiceCore.dll.config containing Id= have to be changed to Id=SA and not Id=sa like the guide says. It is case-sensitive.

Adjusting rates (AP, Exp, Gold)

For rates:
In heroesContent.db3, open Feature Matrix table, search for "rate" you will see exp rate and drop rate.
Change the number, restart services in heroes op tool.
From the tutorial, you must edit stuffs in zh-tw-x-gm column or else you will not see changes in game.
Then start game and enjoy.

In case of european client users, this would have to be applied to en-eu-x-gm.

disable Second Password

FeatureMatrix - Features:
SecondPassword
EssentialSecondPassword
set them to null... (Server db only. If doesn't work then client db too)

Second password should be poof'ed with this

Server db in this case describes the heroesContents.db3 file found in MabinogiHeroes\server\zh-tw-x-gm\Bin

Buying suits in Avatar shop (haven't tested this myself yet)

As guy mention in first post.
If you want to buy suit in AvatarShop you have to change some data in DB(heroesContents.db3)
I make easy script for europe client. so you don't have to manually edit data.

UPDATE CustomizeItemInfo SET CashshopType = 'a' WHERE CashshopType = 'en-EU';
UPDATE CustomizeItemInfo SET CashshopType = 'en-EU' WHERE CashshopType = 'zh-TW';
UPDATE CustomizeItemInfo SET CashshopType = 'zh-TW' WHERE CashshopType = 'a';
UPDATE CustomizePriceInfo SET CashshopType = 'a' WHERE CashshopType = 'en-EU';
UPDATE CustomizePriceInfo SET CashshopType = 'en-EU' WHERE CashshopType = 'zh-TW';
UPDATE CustomizePriceInfo SET CashshopType = 'zh-TW' WHERE CashshopType = 'a';

The above script lines describe an SQLite query that can be run with your favourite SQLite browser such as Navicat or DB Browser

Services won't display in Heroes OP Tool

Booted up my PC this morning, wanted to fire up the server and noticed that the op tool didn't display any services, neither as linked or unlinked. Checked my RCSConfig.xml to make sure that the PC-names for the services are equal to my PCs name, which is the case.

Tried extracting from a backup I created right after the server was working, no change.

How could this happen? I didn't touch any of the files to cause this.

It happens too if you launched the client first.. that tools is buggy I said.

If just closing the op tool and client doesn't help, try a PC restart and then start up the client only when all services are running.

Info about winnsi.dll and the data folder for mod usage

I've already answered your questions, those two files are for mods they won't add it to an original client, of course.

This mega have a huge collections of mods you might interest in. You can get the GSL from there too.

Enemies won't spawn during a battle (experienced this in Dead End Street)

You tried reseting MicroPlay service? that's the one that holds enemy spawns, quests etc

this describes the MicroPlay service shown in the op tool.

Character transfer from one server to another

1.heroes-tables-dbo.User
2. Find the ID of the accounts you need
3. heroes-tables-dbo.CharacterInfo Find the Character you want transfer
4. on that row switch the UID column with the ID parameter from User.
5. to delete char, just right click and delete column for character in CharacterInfo. To delete account do likewise in User

This describes a process done in the SQL Management Studio. Since I'm on Win7, I can confirm that SQL Server 2008 R2 + SSMS 2008 work just fine. In a nutshell, you have to switch the UID of the character you wanna transfer with the ID of the account you want it on.

Duplicating a character (haven't done this myself yet)
It's very easy to switch class. Let's say you have a lynn and you want to become a fiona, preserving everything.

1º Create a fiona ingame, just remember the name.

2º Now we need a fake ID to swap things. Go to dbo.Character and create a row with ID 777.

3º Set the names of the 2 characters and run this query (change originalChar and newChar with the names):

Code:
DECLARE @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/2000086960.html"]player1[/URL][/I] bigint = (SELECT ID FROM dbo.CharacterInfo WHERE Name LIKE 'originalChar'); 
DECLARE @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/1235.html"]Player[/URL][/I]2 bigint = (SELECT ID FROM dbo.CharacterInfo WHERE Name LIKE 'newChar'); 
UPDATE dbo.Costume SET CID = 777 WHERE CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/2000086960.html"]player1[/URL][/I];
UPDATE dbo.Costume SET CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/2000086960.html"]player1[/URL][/I] WHERE CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/1235.html"]Player[/URL][/I]2;
UPDATE dbo.Costume SET CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/1235.html"]Player[/URL][/I]2 WHERE CID = 777;
UPDATE dbo.Skill SET CID = 777 WHERE CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/2000086960.html"]player1[/URL][/I];
UPDATE dbo.Skill SET CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/2000086960.html"]player1[/URL][/I] WHERE CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/1235.html"]Player[/URL][/I]2;
UPDATE dbo.Skill SET CID = @[I][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/members/1235.html"]Player[/URL][/I]2 WHERE CID = 777;

4º Now go to dbo.CharacterCostume and change the class, level and AP of the desired character.

5º Done! That way you preserve items and quest, while losing appearance and skills.

This also describes a process done in SSMS.

Adjust the core bonus rate for after a bossfight

in FeatureMatrix find this
bossevilcore_bonus
change the value to 100, then u will have 100 core bonus after kill boss

This describes a process done via the database browser of your choice in the heroesContents.db3 stored in your server's bin folder.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you for your great job

it's very helpful for me thank you !!!

may i have a question about some errors T_T ??

when i open the services the heroes op tool

all things are can open but some error in cashshop connection errors...

10-05 06:16:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Perf
10-05 06:16:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Log
10-05 06:16:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Stat
10-05 06:16:08 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - Connecting to CashShop : 211.107.90.8:6500
10-05 06:16:09 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - CashShop Connection Failed...
10-05 06:17:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Perf
10-05 06:17:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Log
10-05 06:17:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Stat
10-05 06:17:09 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - Connecting to CashShop : 211.107.90.8:6500
10-05 06:17:10 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - CashShop Connection Failed...
10-05 06:18:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Perf
10-05 06:18:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Log
10-05 06:18:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Stat
10-05 06:18:10 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - Connecting to CashShop : 211.107.90.8:6500
10-05 06:18:11 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - CashShop Connection Failed...
10-05 06:19:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Perf
10-05 06:19:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Log
10-05 06:19:00 > [9][CashShopService.CashShopService ((null))][ServiceReporter] - DoGathering() : Stat
10-05 06:19:11 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - Connecting to CashShop : 211.107.90.8:6500
10-05 06:19:12 > [CashShopService.CashShopService][CashShopService.CashShopService (1152)][CashShopService] - CashShop Connection Failed...

like this... i think something to connection error about cashshop services...

how can i fix this problem plzz T_T

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ServerCore.dll.config
</setting>
<setting name="CashShopPort" serializeAs="String">
<value>6500</value>
</setting>

->>>

</setting>
<setting name="CashShopPort" serializeAs="String">
<value>42</value>
</setting>

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank your boys T_T

i love you ...!!

may i have some questions...?

how can i change the daily boss limit & tired point .....?;;;

& when i edit the shop sellers item ?

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
thank your boys T_T

i love you ...!!

may i have some questions...?

how can i change the daily boss limit & tired point .....?;;;

& when i edit the shop sellers item ?

Better ask that in a thread of your own but try providing a better explanation so it's easier for people to answer it. I'm just gathering info here.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I doont have bossevilcore_bonus in my featurematrix, how to edit it then ?

Upvote 0
Back