Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Community Wz/.img Repack for v83

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, this took longer than what i expected but here it is!
This is a repack i made of maps/equipment/etc items/npcs/sounds from higher versions.I am sharing all these as .img files for more modular modifications.So what does this thing include?

THIS IS MOSTLY FOR V83
It includes:
  • The entirety of Arcane River (i'd dare to say 90% of the portals fixed, i went ahead and removed the scripts from them.)

• LKC/NINJA CASTLE/TWILIGHT PERION/FUTURE HENESYS/DARK EREB/COKE TOWN, maps added also.

• Monsters fixed (might be missing some bosses?).

• Inlinks/Outlinks fixed
  • Worldmaps include ULU/LKC/NINJA CASTLE/TWILIGHT PERION/FUTURE HENESYS/ARCANE RIVER.

• Rebalanced lkc/twilightperion/future henesys/arcane river, they should no longer 1 shot the user, also arcane river monster have 0 -evasion, meaning you can hit them (even with a woodden stick boi).

• Darknell, Will, Verus, Von Leon, Empress Cygnus.

• All v207 gear and NX gear.

• All the NPCS needed for the new areas and way more.

• Fixed some cape effects (added them into seteff), not all of them, will fix them and release the rest later, same goes for the helmets.

• Added most of v207 ETC items (For you grinding boios!).

• v207 pets

• v207 nametags/chatbubbles/medaltags/pettags.

If some monsters are missing frames/attacks report those and ill fix those frames.

Mob Range for LKC
8210xxxx

Mob Range Twilight Perion/Henesys Ruins/Cygnus
8600000-8620012

Map.wz/Map4/45xxxxxxx is the whole Arcane River area.
Monsters from the range 86xxxxx are the monsters in Arcane River.
As for the NPCs, i suggest you just copy all and DO NOT replace, just add.

This is using Cosmics Commit397 WZ files as base, this means its pretty much Plug and Play.

THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU ALREADY HAVE CONTENT IN YOUR WZ FILES:
PSA. DO NOT COPY PASTA ALL OF THE CONTENT.
You must know what you are doing when it comes to WZ editing, because replacing all .img files with the ones i provided might create discrepancies, so always make sure you double check that what you are adding does not exist in the client/server already.

Anyway, enjoy this, hopefuly this makes it easier for those out there trying to add this content in.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks !! very nice and lovely work ! Could you provide a nice HD localhost .83 that fits with this release ? Would be amazing thanks !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks !! very nice and lovely work ! Could you provide a nice HD localhost .83 that fits with this release ? Would be amazing thanks !
Well this release is 1:1 with Cosmic, so you can just use cosmic client, i suggest however if you plan going into the new areas and fighting the new mobs, use a 4GB client with .img loading instead of .wz.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How would I use this as a newbie? I added the wz files and used HArepacker to update the wz file in the cosmic source. What else do I need to do to have this show up in CS or not crash when I teleport to these maps?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How would I use this as a newbie? I added the wz files and used HArepacker to update the wz file in the cosmic source. What else do I need to do to have this show up in CS or not crash when I teleport to these maps?
Gotta export all files as Private Server XMLs. and put them in your server side.

They will work 1:1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you by chance have a wz edit of the CS updated with the new CS items?
You would have to do that yourself sorry brosky, i will however be updating this repack over the year and adding new stuff to it, i will try to add the new items in the cash shop too!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,
Im new into maple story files editing and everything.
Could someone explain how to do this?
Gotta export all files as Private Server XMLs. and put them in your server side.
Or maybe is there a tuto?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,
Im new into maple story files editing and everything.
Could someone explain how to do this?

Or maybe is there a tuto?

I think I can help you.

OP did post it's plug and play and I just tested, everything is working as intended! Super easy to setup.

First things first, download the Cosmic Source (the server files), extract them and let them be for now.

Now download Cosmic's Commit WZ files alongside the HeavenMS localhost .exe, I don't remember if it comes all packed together or in separate downloads but the folder where you're going to open the game should look like this:

dll stuff.PNG - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

What you want from this are the dll files and localhost, the WZ files are going to be replaced with OP's WZ files.

Download OP's WZ files as they are and replace them. Open up his WZ files with HaRepacker, then export them on a separate folder, call it XML or whatever else, you can store it anywhere you want. Export the WZ files one by one, starting from Base.wz, you click on it inside HaRepacker and then export as XML, Private Server...

*P.S* : You have to export it using the GMS (old) encryption for old maplestory servers.

The HaRepacker's screen when exporting should look like this:

export wz - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

After exporting the XML files in that separate folder you created for them, copy all of the subfolders inside your created folder, the main where you exported the XMLs and let's place it in the server's 'wz' folder, this one:

server folder.PNG - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums
server folder2.PNG - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

I did accept to substitute everything that was inside when asked, not sure if it's needed but it should work!

Final result, welcome to Arcane River in v83 !

arcane river in v83.PNG - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

A couple extra screenshots showing monsters and another map:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I can help you.

OP did post it's plug and play and I just tested, everything is working as intended! Super easy to setup.

First things first, download the Cosmic Source (the server files), extract them and let them be for now.

Now download Cosmic's Commit WZ files alongside the HeavenMS localhost .exe, I don't remember if it comes all packed together or in separate downloads but the folder where you're going to open the game should look like this:

View attachment 257365

What you want from this are the dll files and localhost, the WZ files are going to be replaced with OP's WZ files.

Download OP's WZ files as they are and replace them. Open up his WZ files with HaRepacker, then export them on a separate folder, call it XML or whatever else, you can store it anywhere you want. Export the WZ files one by one, starting from Base.wz, you click on it inside HaRepacker and then export as XML, Private Server...

*P.S* : You have to export it using the GMS (old) encryption for old maplestory servers.

View attachment 257366

After exporting the XML files in that separate folder you created for them, copy all of the subfolders inside your created folder, the main where you exported the XMLs and let's place it in the server's 'wz' folder, this one:

View attachment 257367View attachment 257368

I did accept to substitute everything that was inside when asked, not sure if it's needed but it should work!

View attachment 257364

Thanks for making this, i am very BAD at explaining and teaching! <3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I can help you.

View attachment 257365

View attachment 257366

View attachment 257367View attachment 257368

View attachment 257364

First, thank you very much for those clear instructions Lukhas !
I managed to do everything like you did. And except some problem related to "export to private server XML" where sometime HaRepacker juste crashed, everything went well. Also i couldnt export List.WZ because of how it oppened, but i see you dont have it neither in your folder.

At the end, the items and mobs were working (tried it by spawn command), but whenever i tried to TP to one of the new map everything crashed, and it seems files were corrupted somewhere because i had to delete eveything and come back to a clean CosmicMS version to make it work again. Also the database were somehow corrupted too. I really had to reset everything to make it back in game. It crashes after the log in page.

After that one time i managed to make Item and mob work, i tried to reinstall all over again, following your instructions. But i couldnt make it work anymore. Impossible to pass the log in page.
I spent like all the afternoon trying, reinstalling and reinstalling again. But nope, couldnt find the problem neither the solutions.

If someone have any idea of what could have gone wrong...

Thanks again for your help !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First, thank you very much for those clear instructions Lukhas !
I managed to do everything like you did. And except some problem related to "export to private server XML" where sometime HaRepacker juste crashed, everything went well. Also i couldnt export List.WZ because of how it oppened, but i see you dont have it neither in your folder.

At the end, the items and mobs were working (tried it by spawn command), but whenever i tried to TP to one of the new map everything crashed, and it seems files were corrupted somewhere because i had to delete eveything and come back to a clean CosmicMS version to make it work again. Also the database were somehow corrupted too. I really had to reset everything to make it back in game. It crashes after the log in page.

After that one time i managed to make Item and mob work, i tried to reinstall all over again, following your instructions. But i couldnt make it work anymore. Impossible to pass the log in page.
I spent like all the afternoon trying, reinstalling and reinstalling again. But nope, couldnt find the problem neither the solutions.

If someone have any idea of what could have gone wrong...

Thanks again for your help !
Hey, np, glad to help!

Great that you got Items and Mobs working.

I think your character is crashing because you TPd to one of those new maps and in the DB he was saved as being in one of the new maps, so after logging in, since the maps didn't work and crashed, you'd crash again. I'm just assuming this is the case, altering the map where your character is to 100000000 (Henesys) before logging in might make the game work again.

I'm not sure what happened to your map files but I'm thinking something was wrong during the exports, maybe HaRepacker messed up because it crashed, it hasn't crashed for me. If you could elaborate a little more about this, I might be able to help. Have you exported one by one? Because sometimes HaRepacker do crash or you might get one of those "null pointers exception", I've had plenty when I first begin messing around with WZ editting.

Oh about the list .wz, yea I didn't export it cuz of the same, don't think it's important because it worked without it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, np, glad to help!

Great that you got Items and Mobs working.

I think your character is crashing because you TPd to one of those new maps and in the DB he was saved as being in one of the new maps, so after logging in, since the maps didn't work and crashed, you'd crash again. I'm just assuming this is the case, altering the map where your character is to 100000000 (Henesys) before logging in might make the game work again.

I'm not sure what happened to your map files but I'm thinking something was wrong during the exports, maybe HaRepacker messed up because it crashed, it hasn't crashed for me. If you could elaborate a little more about this, I might be able to help. Have you exported one by one? Because sometimes HaRepacker do crash or you might get one of those "null pointers exception", I've had plenty when I first begin messing around with WZ editting.

Oh about the list .wz, yea I didn't export it cuz of the same, don't think it's important because it worked without it.
Well, i double checked the folder after exporting the WZ files, and the folder mentionned by OP : Map.wz/Map4/45xxxxxxx, is totally empty (Other folder of map created by XML Export contain files).

So i suppose none of the new map are actually working for me. All acces like in Dead mine to go to LKC are missing too, but i can see LKC on the World map, and twilight perion etc of the Futur gate too. 😂

Also, none of the new cash item show up in cash shop. But all the stuff of v207 like Von Leon weapon and equip works fine.
Spawning certain mobs work, other ones make the game crash like for the 8610030, wich is present in the WZ files.
image_2024-03-05_002658382 - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

I really have no clue of what happen, and why some features works for me, other are just missing, and somes make crash.

EDIT: Actually its all mob from 8610027 to 8610033 and 8620013-22 wich makes crash.
Those from 8620023-27 just seems to not exist. Nothing happen trying to spawn them.

And after managing to find LKC map ID, i could finally TP there. So its seems only Arcane river features are missings.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i double checked the folder after exporting the WZ files, and the folder mentionned by OP : Map.wz/Map4/45xxxxxxx, is totally empty (Other folder of map created by XML Export contain files).

So i suppose none of the new map are actually working for me. All acces like in Dead mine to go to LKC are missing too, but i can see LKC on the World map, and twilight perion etc of the Futur gate too. 😂

Also, none of the new cash item show up in cash shop. But all the stuff of v207 like Von Leon weapon and equip works fine.
Spawning certain mobs work, other ones make the game crash like for the 8610030, wich is present in the WZ files.

I really have no clue of what happen, and why some features works for me, other are just missing, and somes make crash.

EDIT: Actually its all mob from 8610027 to 8610033 and 8620013-22 wich makes crash.
Those from 8620023-27 just seems to not exist. Nothing happen trying to spawn them.

And after managing to find LKC map ID, i could finally TP there. So its seems only Arcane river features are missings.

Yea, that's weird. You said the XMLs are there, so they should be in the wz file. The portals going to LKC and other areas are missing, same with Cash Shop, they haven't been implemented, what we have is the WZ stuff to implement ourselves, that's why. But no biggie, you can throw some npc a script that teleport to the new maps!

And oh yea, about mobs, I've had one called Ascendion, one of those Limina high level mobs, when I spawned one it crashed my game as well. I could spot the mob but he was having visual glitches going invisible at times and with some glitchy stripes at other times so um, could be something related to the client not being able to process all of these visuals. Rulaxing did say we'd have to use a better client that can read data straight from those .img files instead of .wz.

If you want the files for arcane river maps or my map .wz, you can PM me and I'll send them to you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oooh okay so its normal for the missing portal & cash shop item. I'll have to learn how to throw script to NPC then 😅
Rulaxing did say we'd have to use a better client that can read data straight from those .img files instead of .wz.
Yeah, that's what i was wondering.

Thanks again !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, Al Atral, the issue of you not seeing map4 is the repacker you are using.
Try StonedRepacker
Yep, that was it ! Thanks Rulaxing.

Arcane River mobs and map works, except ID from 450000000 to 450000120 wich still causes crash. 🤷‍♂️

Also, i have a question relative to the Equipment LvlUP system included in CosmicMS.
The added equipment doesn't show the informations like EXP % and Item level but still get exp, level up and extra stats.

Here are some screenshot to make it more explicit :
Sans titre 2 - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums
Sans titre 1 - Community  Wz/.img Repack for v83 - RaGEZONE Forums

I've tried to look into the coding of the equip.java tab but couldnt find where it comes from.
Do anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Support for Cash Shop updates would be greatly appreciated!

Back