• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Compile Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm following this guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f641/tutorial-compile-source-920921/

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 Professional with SP1 (and the hotfix), also, DirectX SDK (June 2010) is installed. I'm running this under Windows XP (VM).

When I click in Build Solution (Client) I get following message:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Client, Configuration: Shipping Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'Client', configuration 'Shipping|Win32'
Performing Pre-Build Event...
'c:\documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\BuildLog.htm"
Client - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

BuildLog.htm

Creating temporary file "c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\BAT0000014641820.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

c:\documents and settings\portalcake\my documents\iris online [1.18] [complete source code]\client\shipping\..\..\buildnum.bat

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Pre-Build Event..."

exit 1

:VCEnd
]
Creating command line """c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\BAT0000014641820.bat"""

And buildnum.bat

for /f "tokens=2" %%B in ('p4 changelists -m 1 //depot/IRIS_JPN_OPEN/...#have') do echo #define BUILD_NUM %%B > number.ini
ping -n 3 localhost >nul

If I remove the buildnum.bat from pre-build tasks, I get this message (at the end of rebuild solution command):

Compiling resources...
Compiling manifest to resources...
Linking...
RC5Crypto.lib(rc5_enc.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
RC5Crypto.lib(rc5_skey.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
RC5Crypto.lib(rc5cfb64.obj) : warning LNK4204: 'c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\vc80.pdb' is missing debugging information for referencing module; linking object as if no debug info
Embedding manifest...
Performing Post-Build Event...
The system cannot find the file specified.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Portalcake\My Documents\Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]\Client\Shipping\BuildLog.htm"
Client - 1 error(s), 3 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Can someone help me with this little problem?
Thanks in advance.

[Edit] Fixed it!
Just moved my folder (Iris Online [1.18] [Complete Source Code]) to C: and renamed it to IrisCode, now everything works.

Thanks anyway.
Mods, this topic can be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back