• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Compiling PROBLEM with MANGOS SOURCE 3.2.2

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have few problems can some one help me to fix them?
Error 1 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Extract revision" shared
Error 2 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'revision.h': No such file or directory c:\Documents and Settings\user11.USER11-C\Desktop\mangos\src\shared\WheatyExceptionReport.cpp 17
Error 3 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'revision.h': No such file or directory c:\Documents and Settings\user11.USER11-C\Desktop\mangos\src\realmd\Main.cpp 32
Error 4 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'revision.h': No such file or directory c:\Documents and Settings\user11.USER11-C\Desktop\mangos\src\game\Level0.cpp 29
Error 5 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'revision.h': No such file or directory c:\Documents and Settings\user11.USER11-C\Desktop\mangos\src\shared\WheatyExceptionReport.cpp 17
Error 6 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'revision.h': No such file or directory c:\Documents and Settings\user11.USER11-C\Desktop\mangos\src\mangosd\Main.cpp 29
Error 7 fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib' script

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

help me please!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have few problems can some one help me to fix them?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

help me please!

"No such file or directory" - should be your first and obvious clue. I've never exactly used mangos or tried compiling it, but this is an obvious one. Double check every path, dir etc. Make sure you're linking the code to the files that EXIST in those dirs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
listen i think i know why its happend,
i downloaded the MANGOS source and in the folder i had win folder.
now its should has mangosdVC90.sln but its didnt, so i took from other repack the mangosdVC90.sln thing.

you know maybe how to fix it?

or how to change the dir of this mangosdVC90.sln so its will choose from my new SRC folder or something like that?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
listen i think i know why its happend,
i downloaded the MANGOS source and in the folder i had win folder.
now its should has mangosdVC90.sln but its didnt, so i took from other repack the mangosdVC90.sln thing.

you know maybe how to fix it?

or how to change the dir of this mangosdVC90.sln so its will choose from my new SRC folder or something like that?

I would search the source code for those filenames that are missing. If those lines define a directory, i would just locate the physical files in the mangos dir and move them where they belong or simply change the dir in the source code. If, however the line only says include filename.h, just search for those files and move them in the same dir you have your *.cpp files in.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its ok brother thanks.
i did something wrong, i opened wrong file =p

thanks now its working but 1 more question, do you know how i check for what PATCH my source? 3.2.2 or 2.4.3?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its ok brother thanks.
i did something wrong, i opened wrong file =p

thanks now its working but 1 more question, do you know how i check for what PATCH my source? 3.2.2 or 2.4.3?

Well naturally since you downloaded the source, you should've known what it was. If not, it should say that in readme files/commented out lines right on top of your source files/name of the folder you have your source files in. If you're not sure about what you're compiling, you should just redownload the source with knowing what it is since that's a major factor.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe you know about mangos sources?
i need 3.2.2 source :]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe you know about mangos sources?
i need 3.2.2 source :]

Sorry man, like i said i never used mangos, but i'm sure if you post in their forums, you'd get the help you need.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, i have found 3.2.2A source.
thank you very much you really helped me.

Back