• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Complete Guide w/PICS on PhpRetro and r35 Hotel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welcome, to my guide for installing phpretro 4.0.10 stable with a few fixes, and a r35 holograph server edited by iBobbaX. It's supposed to be a r36 server but we will set up with r35 dcr's for better result's! Now let's get started =].

Needed Items:
  • First off a brain, IF! You do not have one.. Go see a physician
  • Xampp to host your phpretro and mysql, I prefer 1.7.1 due to new security concept.
  • PHPretro 4.0.10 stable, if not. Download either one of these.. Not both.. or
  • Commen Sence
  • iBobbaX RP holograph edit, (Not Fully RP But Got some shexy commands)
  • Mysql Connector 5.2.7
  • r35 Dcr's
  • PHPRetro Home's cato. Fix! by Bjork.
NOW, Make sure all of these part's are downloaded.. They are all.. 100% Needed except home's fix. But you should use it..

Step 1: Setting up Xampp!
First off, Run the installer. Choose language..
Serb101 - Complete Guide w/PICS on PhpRetro and r35 Hotel! - RaGEZONE Forums

Then next, Then make sure the directory is choosen like this.. (I would prefer like this)

Next, Next, Finish. Yes open Control panel, And make sure it is like this.

Then open up your internet browser and direct to, And Set up your password, Should look like this.

Once the password is made, Restart your control panel.

Step 2.a: Setting up PHPRetro 4.0.10
In this step your going to need the extract folder of, phpretro copy all the content's inside that folder. Go to C:/xampp/htdocs/ (Delete everything in this folder). Now to make this a little more organized we will use another folder in the htdocs make a folder called cms. Then paste All the content's in the Phpretro folder inside that Cms folder. Should look like this.

Now Your going to first need to set up your database.
Step 2.b: Database set up.
First off, Direct to in your internet browser. Then sign in. Enter the password we made not long ago.

Now once your in, Create new database. Name it Holodb.

Hit Import. Then Browse for Sql file. The Sql file will be found in Rev 2.0. DB_SQL.sql open that file.
Then hit GO. Now your database is setup.

Step 2.c: Installing PHPretro
Go to or.. Make a no-ip.com account. Im not getting into the no-ip set up.. It's straight foward once your on the site. Just make a host to redirect your ip address to it will show as for ex: MyHotel.Sytes.net instead of for ex: 123.1.2.123. Im gonna just go to so I dont expose my Ip. You will go to the ip address shown on whatismyip.com)/CMS
Now you should be at your install page for PHPRetro. Again this is another thing that's pretty straight foward.. But I will go through it with you.
Choose your language.

Continue..

Enter the database name. The same name of the one created earlier (Holodb) And the password we made earlier.. same one used to sign into phpmyadmin.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Change the Site Name, Short Name. Leave the rest the same.. Site name should be (name) Hotel, Short should be.. (name) ex: Test Hotel && Test

Create your admin account.

Continue..

Now it's the last step.

Go to Your cms folder in the htdocs. Go to install folder and copy config.php and paste in includes folder.. Once done Delete install folder.

Step 2.d: Finishing PhpRetro.

Go to Housekeeping and sign in,

Then hit Settings and go to Site. Then disable the Status image

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Step 3.a: Setting up Dcr's

Extract them ofcourse, Make a r35 folder in your htdocs directory. Such as below.

Then copy all the files in the r35 folder that we downloaded earlier, and paste them into the r35 folder in the htdocs folder.

Now go to R35/Gamedata/ and open Vars.txt.

Hit on your keyboard ctrl+h search for

And replace with

Then do it once again search for

and replace with

Once more.. Search for and replace with

Step 3.b: Client setup

Open up housekeeping once more, And hit settings and click on Hotel. Change the Ip to your ip if it isnt already.

Change mus port to 36264 and port to 37529, texts to , variables to , Habbo Dcr to And yes there is a ? at the end of the links.. im not questioning my self :p

Step 4: Install MySQL Connector 5.2.7

Open the install, And just follow the step's no picture's are needed. I asked my sister to set this up last time because I had to use the bathroom. And she is 7...

Step 5: Setting up your server

Open your Rev 2.0 folder, Then open config folder, and Open Config.ini And edit it like this. make sure it looks like this... Its IMPORTANT.

Now go back to the directory where you saw the config folder, and open up the Holograph Emulator. (File type - Application) it has the icon..

Step 6: Homes Fix, Thanks to Bjork.

Open this folder.. and copy the assets.css Then go to htdocs/CMS/web-gallery/styles/myhabbo and paste it there, YES Replace..

Go to and sign in open your holodb from the panel on the left, import..browse.. And go to the Homes_catalogue fix folder.. and open up the CMS_homes_catalogue.sql file and... You have now... FINISHED YOUR HABBO SERVER!!!

Tutorial Credits:

Me: 99%

Bjork 1%.. Found the assets.css thing on his release page.. :p

Server: iBobbaX.. i Think im not really sure on the name.. Sorry bro if it's wrong. :X

PhpRetro: Yifan_lu

Last edited:

MDK

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nice tutorial. You should have just had url links since there's so many images though...

And can you pre-host these DCR's? It would be more helpful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well. Access forbidden!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New XAMPP security concept:

Access to the requested object is only available from the local network.

This setting can be configured in the file "httpd-xampp.conf".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

can you help? xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good tutorial, but why the hell 3 threads?
Cause my internet failed.. it kept saying it didn't go through.. lol
Nice tutorial. You should have just had url links since there's so many images though...

And can you pre-host these DCR's? It would be more helpful.
No Host your own dcr's. It is better for your server.. I showed detailed step's on how to set it up...

Well. Access forbidden!

New XAMPP security concept:

Access to the requested object is only available from the local network.

This setting can be configured in the file "httpd-xampp.conf".

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

can you help? xD
This is the reason why I said use 1.7.1 the new security concept is retarded. Uninstall this version of xampp and install the one I put up...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go to your control panel, Uninstall program's and make sure You have MySQL Connector net 5.2.7 If not go above to my link's and install 5.2.7 and try it again, =] Should work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey dude dcr's arent working
You arent installing them correctly.. Make sure EVERY SINGLE LINK, In Vars.txt match up... And go to housekeeping>Settings>Hotel and open your holograph emu make sure the port's match up, Then make sure you put question marks at the end of your text.txt and vars.txt. So ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a PERFECT Tutorial!
Very nice and big.
You explaned every little step!
Thanks man!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a PERFECT Tutorial!
Very nice and big.
You explaned every little step!
Thanks man!
Thank you<3 x] And that is why I will not help these people with the dcr's. It's not hard to read and edit the vars.txt in r35/gamedata/ to the correct link's...I showed you guy's what to change.. :/ Try adding ? mark's at the end of your var's/text's/dcr links

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Ken
That means your dcrs are no good
Probaly used mine.. which are good.. I set them up on several other pc's and they are fine he just didn't edit the file's correctly

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Probaly used mine.. which are good.. I set them up on several other pc's and they are fine he just didn't edit the file's correctly

I would like to confirm that either the instructions or DCR's do not work. I have read and followed your tutorial very strictly, and not only have I found several errors*, but also that the client will not run. I have started over and followed your instructions multiple times, and I have looked for other errors in your tutorial that may cause this, but I have come up with no positive results. The only other option that I can come up with, is that the DCR's are, in fact, bad.

*(things you missed or forgot to add, for example:

Then do it once again search for

and replace with

should be replaced with instead. Also in the vars file, there is at least one that needs to be replaced with )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back