Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Computer Problem

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I recently got my new video card and i had another motherboard new, now when im installing everything got my ram from my old pc everything installed good, i guess. Then when i turn on the pc, no image is shown on the Monitor, what can be causing this?

Hardware:

Motherboard:

Video Card:

Monitor:

Power Supply:

RAM: Unknown Brand Name ( 3x512 )

The new motherboard requieres 24pin Power Cable, im using a 20pin cable, will it affect me?

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Try plugging in a different type of monitor, or an old backup monitor. or unplug yoru monitor from the video card, buut your computer, wait a few minutes, THEN plug your monitor in.. if any o fthis works, leave another reply and I can help you from there.. if not, then well.. reformat! (j/k.. don tdo that!)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
doesnt work, nothin happens, no sound or anything, like others pc when u turn it it goes a sound at the beggining, also when i press the power button of the pc and leave it like the button light shutdowns but the pc keeps running.

the pc does not boot.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
iff ure unable to change cable's on uw powersuply then buy a new powersuply with a 24 pin connector

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You better hope you didn't fry the mobo by putting the wrong connector in, try changing it out with a 24 pin one and if that doesn't work then post back here and I'll try and think what else could be the problem.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nah how come it will fry, ill have to buy a adapter for that power supply.

i mean everything starts cpu fan is on, hdd, cd rom, gpu fan, but it doesnt show image to the screen.

Reaction score
See if you missed any other power cables on the board. The nForce4 SLI chipset boards typically have the normal 20/24 pin, 4 pin, and another either a floopy or molex connection on the board for additional power.

If you don't have all the power connections full. The board might not get enough power and wont boot.

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
peace but check this wat i mean is the power connector the ATX look in this pic the difference.

This is the 20pin one:

SkylineMaster - Computer Problem - RaGEZONE Forums

This is the 24pin one: This is the one that does not boot:

SkylineMaster - Computer Problem - RaGEZONE Forums

besides it having 24pin the 20pin power cable can be used on it leaving the 4 pins at the left out, and it turn on the GREEN light on the Motherboard.

Reaction score
All of the 24-pin boards I've seen works with the 20-pin PSU.

Look above the first PCI-Express slot and there is a molex plug there. Make sure you have it pluged in.

NoPeace - out

Reaction score
I mean read the manual that came with the motherboard. Read it and it should tell you all you need to know about the board. It'll probally have the answer on why it isn't working in it. =P

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well im seekin help in asus forums, there are a lot of ppl with the same problem, some says to clear the CMOS and stuff like that.

i havent tryed the video card in any other pc but i tryed a gforce on mine and still the same.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Just browsed through. . .
Yea i would not Rec. using a 20ping Psu with a 20 to 24 pin converter. . . at least don't use it forever. . . it will most likely burn out aether the psu or other components.

I suggest going with N spire Psu they are very heavy duty. I have mine way overloaded . . and it works great low noise/heat dual 12 volt rails pci express sli compatible. . . i only got like the 480 watt one but so far it has outlasted 2 burnt out 650 watt ones . .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i clicked the link for your motherboard i see its no longer available. Im guessing tiger decided not to sell it anymore due to alot of customer complaints or Asus quit making it due to problems. Either way i would definately contact Asus to find out more.

Back