• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

{CONQUEST] Some Sttufs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, thansk for everypeople that help me with the SA server u.u. After weeks of work(sorry i'm not a good programer) i finnaly got compile source. With any errors, all workings good. But now i need a help with just one thing. sdfsdfsd said that to translate the server, or get the english messages, he said was nescessary change the GameText.h, uncomment the line with english source. OK ! I find. I Change. I build. But now the client keep with the korean messages and in some options appears EXIT_MENU_...., like in the user info popup. And i think it is nescessary to change the SA_MGSG.gsm, but where i change it. How ? For now, thanks for all

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
first you dont need to follow anyway way of doing things ... sdf way is the most common way used by all sa dev in this forum , but its a way to translate the client , but you will face problems after because you will need to add new texts to sa_msgs and thats will be annoying , you need to learn how to make the client read the .dat and get the texts from it and like this it will be easier , or you can find a new way , but you will have to learn c++ before start anything because without knowldege in programming its useless even to try , sdf stuck with it and he only can change and overwrte the texts and its a useless way .. better to learn programming and then start working on the game ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK look, i know a little of C++. Look at this changes(just for now, after i will change to default, if it works ;/)

Code :
m_pPopupMenu = new CPopupMenu();
m_pPopupMenu->Create( 0, 0, 80, 20*2, 20, this, LTNULL, LTTRUE, 0xFF17202A, 0xFF676D6D );
AddControl( m_pPopupMenu );
m_pPopupMenu->AddButton("Information", CMD_USER_INFO );
m_pPopupMenu->AddButton("Whisper", CMD_WHISPER );
m_pPopupMenu->AddButton("Add Friend", CMD_ADD_FRIENT_LIST );

The default uses the sa_mgsg.gsm strings and he was broke ! i mean, not broke, but has not the translated strings ! So i do my way. For now, its working, but i will have a lot of job by that way.

The KillerStefan sources read the SA_MSGS file ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK look, i know a little of C++. Look at this changes(just for now, after i will change to default, if it works ;/)

Code :
m_pPopupMenu = new CPopupMenu();
m_pPopupMenu->Create( 0, 0, 80, 20*2, 20, this, LTNULL, LTTRUE, 0xFF17202A, 0xFF676D6D );
AddControl( m_pPopupMenu );
m_pPopupMenu->AddButton("Information", CMD_USER_INFO );
m_pPopupMenu->AddButton("Whisper", CMD_WHISPER );
m_pPopupMenu->AddButton("Add Friend", CMD_ADD_FRIENT_LIST );

The default uses the sa_mgsg.gsm strings and he was broke ! i mean, not broke, but has not the translated strings ! So i do my way. For now, its working, but i will have a lot of job by that way.

The KillerStefan sources read the SA_MSGS file ?
yep killerstefan source reads the sa_msgs because its the source that anyone here uses it , and you can use this way until you find a way to fix it :eek:tt1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, i'm using the sdfsdf sources jajaja i try to use KillerStefan but i have so many errors while building, and with sdf sources i got no errors.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
'-' Give me just the beginning, and i do the rest.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
as i said , no one will help you here with anything , you need at least knowldege in programming to be able to edit the source and fix your game best thing now is to stay calm and learn c++ , i recommand you to buy a book or watch some tutorials, dont rush things because you will be a bother in this forum by your questions , if you can't fix small issues , you will never be able to fix anything ...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have knowledge on programming. I programming at least 2 years with Delphi, i know it's different but the logic is the same. Look, i already fix some little bugs, like when you enter on Shop, he doesn't go back to the main screen, so i fix that, was a missing line on source. If you do not want to help me all right, actually , I do not know if you really know anything about programming.

I'm studing that source at least 1 week, and i found how to use SA_MSGS file. Thanks for nothing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sorry, i'm using the sdfsdf sources jajaja i try to use KillerStefan but i have so many errors while building, and with sdf sources i got no errors.

if i were you, i wouldn't rely on sdfsdf's "releases". Before you start with his source you should maybe search the internet for.... i forexample found some threads where he asked how he can switch from DX8 to DX9. ( he only changed in the source the 8 and 9 ) .... My hint:
1. If you really programmed Delphi for about 2 years, you shouldn't have problems using KillerStefans source.
2. Never use stuff from sdfsdf, every stuff which caused errors he only removed... find it out by yourself if you want idc.
3. "I'm studing that source at least 1 week, and i found how to use SA_MSGS file. Thanks for nothing." and? congratulations. In one week i removed the whole msgs-file-poop and used another, better method.

Sincerely Zenshin112

P.S. In the future you should maybe be more friendly to people who want to help you, everyone knows no expert ever felt from sky.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do not know what you mean by "people who want help you ." Already created three posts here asking questions and no one answered. And when you reply , tells me to study more .... I was friendly , asked, answered , nobody else help . Only told the truth , thanks for nothing . I know programming in Delphi, know Logic Programming , the problem is that I used very little C ++ and do not really know much . The logic of all I understand, looking at the code . More rewrite the code and modify some things, I still can not because I do not know C ++ . Anyway , thank you , I'm doing everything I can . I hope I can get where I want .

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well the problem is you are asking stuff which you should know - even if you learned delphi... it's already a dead project starting something in the middle without any knowledge.
I told you, that you shouldn't use sdfsdf's source and use the official one, if someone still refuses than i won't help sry.
And i won't explain howto fix every small unresolved external symbol error or similar. Around 99% of the errors are perfectly explained if you type it in google. If you still have no success you can make a screenshot, explain your problem and you will get maybe an answer from someone who knows what he/she does.

Sincerely Zenshin112

P.S. https://forum.ragezone.com/f841/sudden-attack-source-dev-tools-805867/ look through this, you might be able to understand it else:

Use Notepad++, open the samsgs (dont forget the backup) and change the text there, but ONLY the text and the replaced stuff have to be same as long like the one before. And the stuff what sdfsdf told you so badly, is only for the available signs displayed in your game, because he has no idea about anything.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really thanks for that little help. As i sayd, i already find a way to translate the client. Thanks so much for helping. But for now, the only thing that i need a little little help i'ts with that https://forum.ragezone.com/f843/help-fix-invetory-1086890/It's the only thing I really can not find a way to solve. I try to comment some lines in the source to see if hide, but i had no sucess. I still trying but.... i dont know. And thanks for advice, i fix the VC errors on KillerStefan source and now i'm using it.If you can help, it's the last thing i will ask. Thanks Zenshin112

Back