• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Convert Maps

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

can someone teach me how i can create or convert maps like that one from LOMA ? i have already convertet with sMapTool and changed versions of the files like the Tutorial from Bash but the problem is now he says convert to Server but the .rmap and that will not be convertet. Someone can teach me also how i can createt this files?

thx

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use the official side maps from the actual LOMA, ESO, JD server files etc I only convert the precinct and region since I custom these.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh ok i try atm to convert the loma maps where i can find the serverfiles ? i see no category on ragezone can you maybe give me a link to it ?

Upvote 0
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok but there is no rmap and this stuff only the configs for maps ? :/

Upvote 0
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
tbh i'm at the same place and have not finished my maps at this point.
I've had complete success at cloning maps and they work flawlessly, but this is also new to me.
Ok, so in looking at the rmaps of my v69 files i see that all rmaps are same size, 129kb..and when i ran them in ultra edit they looked to have the same hex, so im thinking one could just use one of these...but it is not tested on my end so i can't say whether this will work for sure...that's my current theory anyway, and until someone can shed some light on this (which i'm sure someone will) i'm assuming this is the way i will go...with all missing pieces... if they match and i decide they could be interchangeable, because they seem to be universal.
If you have any luck , do post as i will eventually, when i get to finish testing myself.
BTW i think the idea of having a ton of extra maps from LOMA is an exciting idea and one i'd hope is achievable, which from reading here on the forums seems to be, so hang in there i'm sure the answers will come :wink:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks :) hmm iam trying and trying but i get stuck atm.. have now became the map starting for like 30sec then its closing didnt know why :/ and my bigger problem is now i cant even get smaptool running ever time when i try to convert region.clt to region.sev it says a error:
the input string-has the wrong format. hmm maybe you can help my a little bit you must dont say the full answer but only a little what i can think about :) the rest i will figure out by myself and try and error :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i get now the First map complete Running (Q1) but when i try to convert Q3 Serverside its running but Clientsied its crashing.. any idea what i can look for ?

Upvote 0
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
So i get now the First map complete Running (Q1) but when i try to convert Q3 Serverside its running but Clientsied its crashing.. any idea what i can look for ?
Your question is somewhat vague and i don't really know much more than you as this is my first time in maps.
Assuming you didn't leave your character in q1 and ran q3 like i did in my noob years eons ago, does the q3 map run before conversion and with your char able to log in?, so if it's after conversion then i don't know, if it's truly a conversion generated error then i don't know because atm i'm simply running maps and looking at them, i've yet to convert my .clt's to .sev's.
Infact i looked at sMAPtool briefly and have read Ronny's and Redskull posts a dozen times and still have not worked out the directory structure for a successful conversion :/: ...but i haven't really tried that much either, i'm more concerned getting all the maps programed in to Khoan and running correctly, then time for sMAPs tinkering.
Maybe someone will respond to this thread with some helpful advice :alberteinstein:

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have fixed it :) was my failure have forget one file in the maps folder so it crashed. But the next thing is The barriers in q3 i have already looked in your thread but you didnt fixed it yet or ? and the WorldMap when you click M its not showing up, same by you ? or which files you have put in, i think its something in Surfaces or ? The Sky is Texture.pck ?

Upvote 0
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
i have fixed it :) was my failure have forget one file in the maps folder so it crashed. But the next thing is The barriers in q3 i have already looked in your thread but you didnt fixed it yet or ? and the WorldMap when you click M its not showing up, same by you ? or which files you have put in, i think its something in Surfaces or ? The Sky is Texture.pck ?
The sky and ground was because i didn't combine LOMA textures into PW textures..i'd just forgotten to do it lol :junglejane:
I have not tried the LOMA world map yet, leaving that till very last.
Currently mulling the barriers problem & clt to sev sMAP folder structure over in my head whilst adding more maps.
I will be sure to post once i have success & time to give it all a good go. :8:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes i found that out too ^^ has forgett it also :D no i mean not the worldmap i mean the Map was showing up when you click "M"

Upvote 0
Back