Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Could not create connection to database server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey

Server version v214
Trying to Run the Server.java file in NB and getting this error:

Code:
Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
Exception in thread "main" org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]

Full code paste bin:

Can anyone help solve? I edited everything to the right db info

Thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
MySQL in pom.xl is probably on the older side - change it to use version 8, in hibernate.cfg the server will probably want you to change com.mysql.jdbc.Driver to com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MySQL in pom.xl is probably on the older side - change it to use version 8, in hibernate.cfg the server will probably want you to change com.mysql.jdbc.Driver to com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
I did that too - it was outdated (version 5) but still no luck
same issue sadly.

EDIT: Now I have an error in DatabaseManager.java something to do with the
Code:
import com.mysql.jdbc.Connection;
line.

Cannot find symbol
symbol : class Connection

Unused import

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did that too - it was outdated (version 5) but still no luck
same issue sadly.

EDIT: Now I have an error in DatabaseManager.java something to do with the
Code:
import com.mysql.jdbc.Connection;
line.

Cannot find symbol
symbol : class Connection

Unused import
That import should be okay to optimize and then do a project rebuild. It looks like the connection to the DB itself is had with the hibernate imports instead of importing the jdbc connection when switching it from ver.5 to ver.8. I could be wrong, but let's get you up and running if we can.

Did you happen to upgrade the dependencies for the server project folder? I upgraded dependencies for one and had to roll back as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That import should be okay to optimize and then do a project rebuild. It looks like the connection to the DB itself is had with the hibernate imports instead of importing the jdbc connection when switching it from ver.5 to ver.8. I could be wrong, but let's get you up and running if we can.

Did you happen to upgrade the dependencies for the server project folder? I upgraded dependencies for one and had to roll back as well.
Do you mind giving me your discord?

Upvote 0
Back