• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Couple questions on the tera-toolbox web hook

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to ask couple things about the famous tera toolbox and especially its web hook feature.

I recently found this tera toolbox and its features are all amazing and feels like a whole new world for mod developers.

I'm playing around with its web hooks and I noticed that not all packets can be modified and take effect on the client side. I was trying to add a mod to apply multiple abnormalities to the player by pressing a single button. To achieve that I tried to send packets with S_ABNORMALITY_BEGIN opcodes to client side but it seems the client only shows some visual effects and did not apply the actual abnormalities at all.

Could someone explain to me a little bit why this mod doesn't work? Is it because it's actually the server that maintains the abnormality state of the player and S_ABNORMALITY_BEGIN is only modifying the client side state?

I saw it in the README of tera toolbox that modifying chat packets is possible. And also digged through some other people's mods like the skill-replacer mod, in which sending start skill packets to server is also effective. So my bigger question is: what kind of opcodes can take effect using the web hook feature by sending modified packets? Could someone share some thoughts and insights on this?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to ask couple things about the famous tera toolbox and especially its web hook feature.

I recently found this tera toolbox and its features are all amazing and feels like a whole new world for mod developers.

I'm playing around with its web hooks and I noticed that not all packets can be modified and take effect on the client side. I was trying to add a mod to apply multiple abnormalities to the player by pressing a single button. To achieve that I tried to send packets with S_ABNORMALITY_BEGIN opcodes to client side but it seems the client only shows some visual effects and did not apply the actual abnormalities at all.

Could someone explain to me a little bit why this mod doesn't work? Is it because it's actually the server that maintains the abnormality state of the player and S_ABNORMALITY_BEGIN is only modifying the client side state?

I saw it in the README of tera toolbox that modifying chat packets is possible. And also digged through some other people's mods like the skill-replacer mod, in which sending start skill packets to server is also effective. So my bigger question is: what kind of opcodes can take effect using the web hook feature by sending modified packets? Could someone share some thoughts and insights on this?

Many thanks
You need to understand how client <-> server communication work.
The client is only displaying the info send by the server. All the computation is done server side. So even if you add yourself using proxy some abnormality, they'll only be shown on the client, not apply.
Same apply with costumes for example. You can hook the packet with the costume info, change them to what you want and you'll see your character with the desired costume but not the other players.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to understand how client <-> server communication work.
The client is only displaying the info send by the server. All the computation is done server side. So even if you add yourself using proxy some abnormality, they'll only be shown on the client, not apply.
Same apply with costumes for example. You can hook the packet with the costume info, change them to what you want and you'll see your character with the desired costume but not the other players.
Thanks for the explanation. Just one thing though:
"The client is only displaying the info send by the server." - if that's the case, then how come mods like teleport and skill-replacer could work? Just wondering in general what sorts of in game data other than displaying effects are held in the client?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. Just one thing though:
"The client is only displaying the info send by the server." - if that's the case, then how come mods like teleport and skill-replacer could work? Just wondering in general what sorts of in game data other than displaying effects are held in the client?
The client sometimes respond to actions communicated by the server. Usually the server checks this input for forgery or cheating but sometimes this is not the case for common packets that are sent often as it is very costly to do so for every player.

Excluding C_REQUEST_TELEPORT which was a client request that the server just kind of accepted (this got removed in later patches) the newer teleport mods just update your position on client side making your client think you moved to that place replying with a move packet from that location in game. The server then updates your location to that. Similar process with skill packets.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client sometimes respond to actions communicated by the server. Usually the server checks this input for forgery or cheating but sometimes this is not the case for common packets that are sent often as it is very costly to do so for every player.

Excluding C_REQUEST_TELEPORT which was a client request that the server just kind of accepted (this got removed in later patches) the newer teleport mods just update your position on client side making your client think you moved to that place replying with a move packet from that location in game. The server then updates your location to that. Similar process with skill packets.
I see. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Back