• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Creating rooms in Javascript

Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
Hey RZ
Haven't been here for a while :p

I'm looking at creating a Habbo-like client built with HTML, CSS, JS and Java. I've got ideas with the server-side already, however I was a bit confused about creating the actual rooms (and room layouts) using Javascript (and I assume Canvas?).

I'm really just looking for a bit of guidance of any frameworks that may accommodate this functionality. I've tried looking at previous developments but couldn't find any.

Cheers.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe Processing.js could be up your alley, as for room generation, look up Isometric game examples in JavaScript. Processing.js is built / inspired by Processing for the JVM which is a neat little language, I was working on my own game client for a top down 2D pixel RPG, it is fairly capable out of the box to do plenty. Not sure how Processing.js is up to par in comparison though.

Upvote 0
Run, but I'll find you.
Reaction score
Maybe Processing.js could be up your alley, as for room generation, look up Isometric game examples in JavaScript. Processing.js is built / inspired by Processing for the JVM which is a neat little language, I was working on my own game client for a top down 2D pixel RPG, it is fairly capable out of the box to do plenty. Not sure how Processing.js is up to par in comparison though.

Cheers! I'll take a look at it :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I suggest for the job.

It's fast, like really fast!
WebGL with normal canvas fallback.
Interactive (even touch interactions)
Build in spritesheet system (you will notice it how handy that is when you start working on it ;))

And overal, it's easy!

Ofcourse there are many other parts to think of then just using a library ;)

Upvote 0
Back