• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

CRYENGINE 4 - Oh lord, wow!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This thing is so beautiful that words cannot comprehend the technological advances made in the past 3 years.

[video=youtube;vF1zjDSqPoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vF1zjDSqPoo[/video]
I hope the games would look like that, but the fact is they'll just use it to make crappy console ports :/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
looks like cryengine 3 for me o_O
where do you see cryengine 4 + features ?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am now convinced these high-end game makers are minions of the Devil and this is just pure sorcery.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
too bad its not really cryengine 4, cryengine 3 was in there.

but I love the last part about weather, looking Ducking realistic

Reaction score
Yeah , unfortunately so far I know only 2 games that have used Cryengine at all times. One is Project Entropia , formerly known as Entropia Universe , and second is Crysis. Entropia Universe actually migrated to Cryengine when Cryengine 3 came out , cause they had their own game engine before that , which was ugly and sucked.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I had to search for a few images myself!
MentaL - CRYENGINE 4 - Oh lord, wow! - RaGEZONE Forums

When I searched for real life comparisons, I honestly couldn't tell the difference at first on a few of them.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
just imagine the coding in this beauty :3 , only if i could get a little peak at the source , what i have read about it is that this engine is the best out there and it will be hard to beat

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Actually , Cryengine was always more about graphics than features. So no , it's not the best engine out there.

I am talking about the current engine not the versions before this one , they have not only concentrated on graphics this time but they have added a lot more feauters

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Time to buy new PC, not only graphics card.

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah , unfortunately so far I know only 2 games that have used Cryengine at all times. One is Project Entropia , formerly known as Entropia Universe , and second is Crysis. Entropia Universe actually migrated to Cryengine when Cryengine 3 came out , cause they had their own game engine before that , which was ugly and sucked.

There are quite a few.

Back