Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Darkeden server files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks, helper is probably just like Hidden GM in GunZ (acts like a regular player but still has the powers of gm to ban)
I'm going to take my time on this. Gonna translate the other files in the gmly.rar just to see what they are xD though the only one I can translate now is GM命令 because all the others have stuff like
Code:

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well thanks for all the help, but im tired and need some rest. Till tomorrow dude :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well thanks for all the help, but im tired and need some rest. Till tomorrow dude :)
No problem, see you around.
:)

Later.

--EDIT:
ServerGuide updated, fixed a small error in the creation of the elcastle user, but that prevented the server from running.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Now rename the files to something without chinese chars. All with the same name.
You can run go to msdos, cd to 'C:\DEServer' and run: rename Red*.* DEServer.*
Now everything is named DEServer.something"

How do you do this? Im confused ;s

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Now rename the files to something without chinese chars. All with the same name.
You can run go to msdos, cd to 'C:\DEServer' and run: rename Red*.* DEServer.*
Now everything is named DEServer.something"

How do you do this? Im confused ;s
I mean, start > run > cmd <enter>
cd "C:\DEServer" <enter> (or whatever your server is located)
rename Red*.* DEServer.* <enter>

Later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean, start > run > cmd <enter>
cd "C:\DEServer" <enter> (or whatever your server is located)
rename Red*.* DEServer.* <enter>

Later.

Thanks but whenever i typed in rename Red*.* DeServer.* , it says the system cannot find the file specified, wonder where did i go wrong?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks but whenever i typed in rename Red*.* DeServer.* , it says the system cannot find the file specified, wonder where did i go wrong?
What are the files named in the server folder?
My bet would be that the file names are already changed to work properly.

Later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What are the files named in the server folder?
My bet would be that the file names are already changed to work properly.

Later.

its still in chinese. but should i create a folder name DEServer in my C:\ then copy paste the serverfiles in or i just rename the whole serverfile to DEServer and place it inside my C:\?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its still in chinese. but should i create a folder name DEServer in my C:\ then copy paste the serverfiles in or i just rename the whole serverfile to DEServer and place it inside my C:\?
Haha, make a folder on c: named DEServer, and move the files there, then you run the commands.

Later.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
basher - Darkeden server files - RaGEZONE Forums

its error vhen i try ./start

wtf i did wrong? :(
where can be mistake?]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

its error vhen i try ./start

wtf i did wrong? :(
where can be mistake?]
You forgot to add the user elcastle with permission to access on host 192.168.5.10:

mysql -u root
use mysql;
insert into user (Host,User,Password) values ('192.168.5.10','elcastle',PASSWORD('elca110'));
grant all on DARKEDEN.* to 'elcastle'@'192.168.5.10';
grant all on USERINFO.* to 'elcastle'@'192.168.5.10';
flush privileges;
quit;

Now it's done :)

Btw, I created a guide for the basics of configuring other options and a somewhat translated AttrInfo table for you guys to import.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You forgot to add the user elcastle with permission to access on host 192.168.5.10:

mysql -u root
use mysql;
insert into user (Host,User,Password) values ('192.168.5.10','elcastle',PASSWORD('elca110'));
grant all on DARKEDEN.* to 'elcastle'@'192.168.5.10';
grant all on USERINFO.* to 'elcastle'@'192.168.5.10';
flush privileges;
quit;

Now it's done :)

Btw, I created a guide for the basics of configuring other options and a somewhat translated AttrInfo table for you guys to import.

now got that .. :( when i type " insert into user (Host,User,Password) values ('192.168.5.10','elcastle',PASSWORD('elca110')); "

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
now got that .. :( when i type " insert into user (Host,User,Password) values ('192.168.5.10','elcastle',PASSWORD('elca110')); "

Try again and remember that the ; is NOT OPTIONAL it's part of the statement, you wrote it correctly at first but forgot to add the ; then mysql thought you had more stuff to put in the statement, ; means it is the end of the statement

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, firstly thx for the very good guide but after i followed all steps also the permission, i still get this message
maybe i made something wrong :(

thx in advance
Kevatril

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i figured it out , cant believe im so stupid. ill try and get this server offline ;D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, firstly thx for the very good guide but after i followed all steps also the permission, i still get this message
maybe i made something wrong :(

thx in advance
Kevatril

You forgot to add the permission for elcastle user to access the db from localhost.localdomain (perhaps you downloaded the older guide), download it again, in the permission part, there is the steps there.

Later

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone of you guys know the serial number to version 6.5.1? damn it , got to have the serial number to run the virtual machine lol -.-

Back