• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Darkeden server files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Release]Darkeden server files

i can get as far as the character select page but when i select a character i get dced. any ideas on why this happens? Has any1 been able to get a server online without a vm??

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i can get as far as the character select page but when i select a character i get dced. any ideas on why this happens? Has any1 been able to get a server online without a vm??

Without vmware u need Linux to run those files..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I have a tower with red hat linux 9. its the same one thats on the vm.

any ideas on why i cant get into the game?

I'm guessing your configs are incorrect. Check them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi all,
Quick question - I'm trying to get this working on a Linux box (Centos 5.3 i386), after setting everything up correctly with regards to ports, IP address and the mysql database ( of which i have tryed mysql v4.0 and v5), using just the server files taken from the VMDK file (and from the sources here in 7z format and extracted).
I get 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)' messages when i try to execture the loginserver, sharedserver and .. well.. all the rest actually.

Is this an incompatablity with CentOS - so i would need Red Hat Linux instead, or is it me missing something totally out?

I cannot even run VMWare Workstation in CentOS as it doesn't work with a XEN kernel, sheesh!

Any help would be greatly appreciated - i don't have much hair left as it is with this thing now, lol

Cheers,

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi all,
Quick question - I'm trying to get this working on a Linux box (Centos 5.3 i386), after setting everything up correctly with regards to ports, IP address and the mysql database ( of which i have tryed mysql v4.0 and v5), using just the server files taken from the VMDK file (and from the sources here in 7z format and extracted).
I get 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)' messages when i try to execture the loginserver, sharedserver and .. well.. all the rest actually.

Is this an incompatablity with CentOS - so i would need Red Hat Linux instead, or is it me missing something totally out?

I cannot even run VMWare Workstation in CentOS as it doesn't work with a XEN kernel, sheesh!

Any help would be greatly appreciated - i don't have much hair left as it is with this thing now, lol

Cheers,

Red is true.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

In the DE EXTREME folder when i click the bat, DE opens, then closes and runs the patcher.? but the patcher doesnt work xD.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Many thanks n6gesemees,
Your a legend, at least now I can concentrate on using Red Hat instead. Is there any particular version that is known to work with the server or will the most up to date version work no problems - I can work the rest out myself after that.

Many thanks,
-BlOOdWiZE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

now im getting this
basher - Darkeden server files - RaGEZONE Forums

and it repeats

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Many thanks n6gesemees,
Your a legend, at least now I can concentrate on using Red Hat instead. Is there any particular version that is known to work with the server or will the most up to date version work no problems - I can work the rest out myself after that.

Many thanks,
-BlOOdWiZE

http://www.vmware.com/products/ws/

make a account there, download the trial of VMWare Workstation, install it, search for a serial key, use it. Your good.

And thanks, im not a legend, but ill try my best helping you guys get started. Ive putten the server online many times, for me and others, i can add new mobs and stuff.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

now im getting this
basher - Darkeden server files - RaGEZONE Forums

and it repeats

It seems that youve messed up your Zone table, if u have a back up, use it, if you dont, sry but ur gonna have to re-setup your server.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

In the DE EXTREME folder when i click the bat, DE opens, then closes and runs the patcher.? but the patcher doesnt work xD.

some ip problems in configs i assume

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah thanks mate, i got it working in a windows vista box with Vm Ware, i have been tinkering with a dedicated seperate Linux box though with just the server files so i could see if i could get that to work just like the VMware virtual server - which is why I was just wondering what version /distro of linux other people using a Linux box successfully.

cheers mate,
blOOdWiZE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah thanks mate, i got it working in a windows vista box with Vm Ware, i have been tinkering with a dedicated seperate Linux box though with just the server files so i could see if i could get that to work just like the VMware virtual server - which is why I was just wondering what version /distro of linux other people using a Linux box successfully.

cheers mate,
blOOdWiZE

hehe sorry, that i dont know, but ill try to ask some people and search and tell ya if i find it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

cheers mate,
blOOdWiZE

I am running a dedicated linux box and have managed to get my server online and connect to it outside of my network. i am using red hat linux 9 codename shrike. if you need i will make available for download. just e-mail me at dragon.programs@gmail.com

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

how to make new map, item, npc, pet & new character class

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

how to make new map, item, npc, pet & new character class

same thing i am looking for. my server is online but i dont have files to update it. any help would be nice:?::?::?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi dragon,
Yeah I have RHL9 (Shrike), just installing it now so I can see if I can get it working. I am guessing that it will only work with RHL9 - if i am mistaken maybe people could comment to tell us what Linux people are successfully using and what Linux people have tried and failed.

Obviously that is for people who still are interested in getting this little gem working.

Cheers all for your help,
-BlOOdWiZE

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi dragon,
Yeah I have RHL9 (Shrike), just installing it now so I can see if I can get it working. I am guessing that it will only work with RHL9 - if i am mistaken maybe people could comment to tell us what Linux people are successfully using and what Linux people have tried and failed.

Obviously that is for people who still are interested in getting this little gem working.

Cheers all for your help,
-BlOOdWiZE

i dont think it will work on anything but RHL9 or a vm. RHL9 is what the vm has installed. once you get to the internet with your linux box let me know and i can ssh into your linux box and configure your files for your connection and see if it works. mine works online and i have already been on it from outside of my lan and had people on it that my brother knows.
if you need any other help just ask.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

code.

u'd need to uncompile the files.

how would we uncompile the files? the extensions dont look like they are cpp or anything.

if anyone has the open source please post somewhere. also still looking for extra maps and mobs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I wanna know what bugs does the release got at present moment?
please?

Back