• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Data base

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no posible DB files.. sql script? (.sql not .bak?)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why would you want the .sqls when all the BAKs have everything in?

Aqualungs release has the Account and Game DB in .sql

Wolfos.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ooo :D yee...true.. but Chart.bak - In MSSQL 2K .bak format! <----- for this i need MYSQL 2000?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol you cant run a travia server in MySQL..... Anyways MySQL is useless for server databases its only good for website dbs.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
but i have windows vista...i have problem with OBDC....i run this but i can run server....OBDC connect fail....OBDC files not work :/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have 6GB ram...but win xp 32 not use all....and winxp x64 sux....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe just buy a crappy 100gb hard drive and put xp on that just for hosting servers.

Another option would be virtual pc if you have 6gb of ram.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol you cant run a travia server in MySQL..... Anyways MySQL is useless for server databases its only good for website dbs.
now I see your position about MySQL... WoW server MaNGOS runs on MySQL but it's DB is much bigger then Travia DB... so where do you see it's useless?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just don't see the point in recoding the majority of the database when it works fine already. As the old saying goes "If it aint broke don't fix it". I'm sure there may be some minor advantages in using MYSQL, I personally have never had any problems with it. But it all seems a big waste of time on a game of Travia's age with the massive list of problems that it already has. Having a more stable database is not what Travia needs to make it a better game for developers and players.

As I stated in the other thread all the classes need balancing, the quests need to be translated, mob spawns need to be editable, the Korean 3.60 client with rotating camera and small items.... The list goes on and on.

Although if you believe going through the effort of doing what you plan and working in MYSQL to help implement the major changes that Travia needs to be a top mmorpg for devs and players I wish the best of luck to you sir!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just don't see the point in recoding the majority of the database when it works fine already. As the old saying goes "If it aint broke don't fix it". I'm sure there may be some minor advantages in using MYSQL, I personally have never had any problems with it. But it all seems a big waste of time on a game of Travia's age with the massive list of problems that it already has. Having a more stable database is not what Travia needs to make it a better game for developers and players.

As I stated in the other thread all the classes need balancing, the quests need to be translated, mob spawns need to be editable, the Korean 3.60 client with rotating camera and small items.... The list goes on and on.

Although if you believe going through the effort of doing what you plan and working in MYSQL to help implement the major changes that Travia needs to be a top mmorpg for devs and players I wish the best of luck to you sir!
Oh you just don't see that most problems of installing travia server is problems with connecting to DB...

"If it aint broke don't fix it".- who said it's will be a fix? :): it's addition, MSSQL support remains...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as installing a Travia server goes I personally have never had problems other than having to update MSSQL however I'm sure having MYSQL as an additional option would be fantastic for new users to Travia server development especially those who have come from Emulated servers such as WoW.

I still feel there are many more important issues with Travia that would need to be resolved before we can have a big community with major user imput and high usercount private servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still feel there are many more important issues with Travia that would need to be resolved before we can have a big community with major user imput and high usercount private servers.

Yeah... I feel them too...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lets fix the server first, it aint broke but we need to make it work with the korean 3.60 client, then maybe we can port the db to mysql which means more trouble/bugs during migration. Do you have the client for the server as is? (chinese old client).

But its good there are still people interested with travia.

Back