Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Since there is a fully functional 1.0 source already released, I will shift focus onto the tool SanGawku provided. I will still release the server SanGawku gave me, however, as promised soon! This tool is a EDF/RDF decryptor/encryptor. According to Gawku this tool can convert entire folders! I will update you soon :)

It's 2023, when will 1.0 be released?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's 2023, when will 1.0 be released?
A few years ago, the 1.0 server source was already released by someone, but it wasn't the TW server that was shared with me. I think I have those files somewhere still, but I have no clue where they came from or who made them, which is a big reason as to why I have not shared it up until now. However, I probably will at some point. This actually goes into the announcement I'm going to make:

Hey guys, it's been a long time. Life has been extremely hectic, and my priorities have changed drastically. Not to go into too much detail on the personal side of things, the financial situation over here changed and there was a lot of struggling. Work took up much of my time, so I found little time to work on anything. Thankfully, things have started looking up, and I can hopefully dedicate some of my free time to working on DBO and helping people again. Of course, as always, the repo where I have my changes to the original 2.0 code is still there and everyone is free to fork it, make changes, and contribute! I will figure out where I last left off and work from there. Until then, guys!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any Update on project? i'm trying to add The Token Shop into the game but i have no luck.
but i'm in no rush so i will await assistance or a Guide. for now, i will try to do what i can.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any Update on project? i'm trying to add The Token Shop into the game but i have no luck.
but i'm in no rush so i will await assistance or a Guide. for now, i will try to do what i can.
Adding in things such as the Token Shop or even pet system will take some work with the client. I believe the server side already has the both programmed. The main issue is just with the client. I haven't tried it myself yet, but if you have a good understanding of how the client works, then it should be rather simple to implement both features. If no one tackles it in the near future, I will eventually get to both. Right now, my priority is to fix certain bugs with the client before actually implementing features.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I hope everyone's having a great start to the new year, and you all are healthy. I'm back in the swing of things with the 2.0 source for the most part. The main thing that was holding me back the past few months was an outdated library that I finally got working. I am currently working on fixing the bugs that were posted earlier in the thread. I am thinking about making a Trello page to organize things regarding the project such as bug reports, to-do lists, etc. I would love everyone's input on this, whether you think it's a good idea or not. I hope to update everyone again soon!

Hey guys! A tiny update: I added in a new branch for the source dedicated to tools. I'm going to try doing some restructuring with the repo to make things cleaner, but as of right now the master branch will be for any changes done to the client while the tools branch is for the tools.

While getting reacquainted with the source after a long while of not looking at it, I've started to think that the tools will be vital for further development of the 2.0 client. This is especially important for when it comes to fixing bugs related to the games' graphics. I will be looking at the tools we already have provided with the source to see what could be done with them to make them more functional. I also hope to at some point create new tools to replace some obsolete ones (namely, the ones that cannot be compiled). That's all for this small update! Take care guys.

-- UPDATE 02/15/2024 --

Hey everyone! I hope you guys are having a good week so far. Today, I have a small update for all of you regarding the client.

My goal has always been to make 2.0 more like retail TW's client (or simply like 1.0). Obviously, it will take a lot of work to get the client there, but it's a challenge I've always been willing to take. Given that I have more time on my hands now for this, I can spend more time working on this project. My first real update after a longish hiatus is changing the client's fonts. This is a change that was done in a matter of minutes, but it's an update nonetheless, and I wanted to release it for anyone that didn't get around to it yet or simply did not know how to properly go about it.

Here is how the client looks now with the new font:

2024-02-15-10-52-32 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

2024-02-15-11-14-04 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

Also, if you notice in the image, character's outline isn't as big as it was initially in 2.0. Before, the line was thicker, but I thinned it out. It was also a pretty small change but I will release it pretty soon in the next update.

You can get the new font update in . The repo was originally called dbogeffects, where it stored the changes I made to the auras a few years ago. I decided to change the repo's name because I plan on uploading any changes I make to the client's pack files there. Simply download it and extract it to your 2.0 client!

That was all for this small update. I will see you all again soon in the next update! As always, if you have any issues, please let me know.

-- UPDATE 2/16/2024 --

Hey everyone! I thought I'd update you guys on what I was working on today. Today I tackled the GUI for AP. Before, the GUI was solid gray and didn't display the blue, orange and red rings depending on how much AP you have. Now that's been fixed!

Here's how it was before:
2024-02-15-11-14-04 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

And here's how it displays now with the change:
2024-02-16-13-36-29 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

I didn't show it here, but the color changes depending on how much AP you have, too! When I figure out how to display height on top of the middle part of the GUI, I will commit my changes to the repo. I'll let you guys know when I do so! Take care.

-- EDIT TO UPDATE --
I'm back! The AP meter now should be mostly functional! The only thing that isn't working at the moment is the round meter which doesn't decrease depending on your AP. The color of the meter only changes. Also, the AP meter grays out when you enter an area where flight isn't possible, too!

2024-02-16-14-36-50 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

I committed all my changes to the repo. I'll figure out what I will do next from here, for now. See you all soon!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just writing to mention that I'll be updating the binary in the repo later today when I return home!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd give you a small update regarding the AP meter. Thanks to the advice of Erinnyes I started working on using CRadarEffect so that the meter can decrease and increase in respect to the player's AP. Here is what I have so far:
AP - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

The only problems I'm having at the moment is the meter appearing behind the back image for the AP GUI and the meter decreases the wrong way. I will look further into this. See you soon, guys!

-- UPDATE 2/21/2024 --
Hey guys! I'm back with an update. Thanks to Erinnyes's advice, I have properly implemented the round meter for the AP, making the AP GUI fully functional! Now, the round meter decreases according to the player's current AP.

Here's what I have:
2024-02-21-18-02-10 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm going to clean up the code and then push my progress onto the repo. Just a note, I am always happy to help anybody that needs help with either 1.0 or 2.0. However, it would be a lot easier for me to help if anyone that requires support with the sources makes a thread in the Help section in this forum rather than sending me a private message! That way, if anyone has a similar problem to you, they can look at that thread to find the same solution. With that, I will see everyone again soon!
-- EDIT --
Edit to add: I will also be uploading the client binary to the repo once I push my progress!

I have committed my progress to the repo and uploaded a new binary release! Enjoy, everyone!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, good job, which implementation do you find most challenging in dbo?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, good job, which implementation do you find most challenging in dbo?
The most challenging feature for me has to be item upgrade effects, haha. I went back to working on it as soon as I finished the AP GUI and got the electricity to show. Sadly, I need to figure out how to attach it to the bone properly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The most challenging feature for me has to be item upgrade effects, haha. I went back to working on it as soon as I finished the AP GUI and got the electricity to show. Sadly, I need to figure out how to attach it to the bone properly.

One day you can do it, programming and trial and error, I see your passion in the project, many gave up.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
One day you can do it, programming and trial and error, I see your passion in the project, many gave up.
Thanks junson! I will definitely keep going as far as I can for this project.

-- UPDATE 2/22/2024 --
Hey guys, here's an update on the upgrade effects!

I managed to figure out the issue with attaching the effects to the character's bones. It's still very much a work in progress and, as I understand it, the Namek and Majin races have their own effects too. I also have to look at the sub weapons, as well. I will keep working on this! I will see everyone soon.

-- CONT. --
I'm back with another update! The upgrade effects are coming along nicely. I think I got them mostly functional for at least Humans. I need to try to fix it with Namekians and Majins now! Here's what I have so far:

If you guys have any input regarding the upgrade effects, feel free to let me know. I will be back again soon with more updates!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks junson! I will definitely keep going as far as I can for this project.

-- UPDATE 2/22/2024 --
Hey guys, here's an update on the upgrade effects!

I managed to figure out the issue with attaching the effects to the character's bones. It's still very much a work in progress and, as I understand it, the Namek and Majin races have their own effects too. I also have to look at the sub weapons, as well. I will keep working on this! I will see everyone soon.

-- CONT. --
I'm back with another update! The upgrade effects are coming along nicely. I think I got them mostly functional for at least Humans. I need to try to fix it with Namekians and Majins now! Here's what I have so far:

If you guys have any input regarding the upgrade effects, feel free to let me know. I will be back again soon with more updates!

Question is it possible to make Upgrades go past +15? if so when u have the time please DM me how it works on discord @ eikxn or simply reply to this message

Back