• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also I found both visual effect files so it looks like I may need to actually somehow fix venus to get them to be read properly. I'll have to look into it soon.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you have managed to correct the dependencies of many tools, could you upload all those solutions to the gihub repository?

Venus manages to read the effects well, in that there is no problem, the problem is that the saving of files must be fixed. Since it damaged us it only fixed the effect file reader, but did not fix the option to save them. So the only thing to do is to replicate the option to read the effect files but in the save option.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You just have to put this in the same folder as the Venus tool, and you have to extract all the game files with packeditor.exe https://mega.nz/file/po8CxKoC#MUIQN6rBNyI5VwZ1W-wKyl_WBcm2nspNqFD8BpNIBTw

I will try this out now!

Thank you ivan! Now venus no longer crashes!:laugh:

Also I will upload any tools I manage to compile onto the github! In fact, I will also release the tool binaries!

Also I will try to fix the saving. I do not know much on how DBO's tools work, but I will learn through the source and do my best. Any progress I make will be released with the source as well as binaries. Thank you for your help!

Alright so for now, I believe I can just hex edit the effect files using Venus as a guide until I manage to get the save function working. Once again, thank you for your help ivan!

Uc9tSm1 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great, glad I was helpful.Hopefully you can upload all compiled tools and fixed code on github so we can all compile it. :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will have an update on tbe charge auras soon. I will also release the modified effect files. Stay tuned!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry I was very busy today. Update coming in a bit!

Okay, so thanks to ivan's help I was able to sort of figure out what the problem is with charging auras. The effect's models were very buggy with the model size (in hex, the size of the x-axis was 0 while its size on the bias x-axis was a number like 0.85). So, I tried fixing it to the best of my ability and it turned out much better than I expected. Although there are still bugs regarding aura size, it looks much better now than it did before!

Here's how it looks like as an example with +0 pants and +15 pants:

QX6tUPN - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

e7fX0i8 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

The bug here is that sometimes there's one or two waves that have incorrect sizes but most of them have the correct size! I will look into this very soon. If you guys have any further tips, feel free to let me know! I have uploaded the modified visual effect file on a separate repo on github.

Make sure to also read the README.md file on the repo! It tells you how to use the modified visual effect file.

Another update coming soon!

Charge auras are now properly displaying! Thanks to ivan's immense help, I now know how to edit effects. In the future I will modify the Venus tool to try to have it save any changes instead of having to manually use hex editting to modify effects. The new modified effects file is on the github!

Here's how auras look now:

XIRx315 - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

OGuxp8H - DBOG 2.0 Open Source Development Progress - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for all your help ivan! Now I'll continue working on the upgrade effects. Once I finish that, I'll work on displaying fly correctly and then implementing quest searching! Once I finish those I will get some important tools compiled.

The repo and PR have now been updated! I also added compiled client binary in the release tag for those who aren't able to compile the source. Enjoy!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How are you progressing? :):

I am progressing a bit slow at the moment due to real life obligations. I'm also having some trouble displaying item upgrade effects (the lightning effect around the armor and extra effects around gear). I'm currently researching different ways I can get this feature to work!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The information about the lightning effect on the items is in the file itemproperty.rdf in the prop.pak. Inside that file is the information of the effects of all the items that can be upgraded :):

pGradeEffect = (CNtlInstanceEffect*)GetSceneManager()->CreateEntity(PLENTITY_EFFECT, m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szEffect[eGrade]);
// First bone
if (strlen(m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szBone1) > 0) {
SPLAttachAttr sAttachAttr;
sAttachAttr.vOffsetPos = m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->vOffset1;
AttachBone(pGradeEffect, m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szBone1, &sAttachAttr);
m_pUpgradeEffects.push_back(pGradeEffect);
pGradeEffect->SetVisible(m_bEnableUpgradeEffect);
}

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much ivan! I will try this out!

Hmm... it doesn't seem to be working. Every armor and weapon item can be upgraded to 15 and have the effects correct? Does the source read the effects correctly?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, that code works, I'm using it, in fact you can debug and you will see all the information that the object has

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes when I debug it it seems to send me to a nullptr with pGradeEffect. It's weird because I initialized it the same way you did.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You must filter because not all equipment has effects, I did this::

if (m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_TWO_HAND || m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_BACK || m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_R_HAND || m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_L_HAND || m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_USER_MOVE1 || m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_MASK) {

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah I see that's why! Thank you ivan I will try it out. Does every piece of armor when it reaches upgrade level 15 have the lightning effect?

Does this seem right?

Code:
if (m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_TWO_HAND || 
        m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_BACK || 
        m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_R_HAND || 
        m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_L_HAND || 
        m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_USER_MOVE1 || 
        m_eInstanceEquipSlotType == ITEM_EQUIP_MASK) 
    {
        pGradeEffect = (CNtlInstanceEffect*)GetSceneManager()->CreateEntity(PLENTITY_EFFECT, m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szEffect[eGrade]);
        // First bone and second bone
        if (strlen(m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szBone1) > 0) {
            SPLAttachAttr sAttachAttr;
            sAttachAttr.vOffsetPos = m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->vOffset1;
            AttachBone(pGradeEffect, m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szBone1, &sAttachAttr);
        }

if (strlen(m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szBone2) > 0)
        {
            SPLAttachAttr sAttachAttr2;
            sAttachAttr2.vOffsetPos = m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->vOffset2;
            AttachBone(pGradeEffect, m_pProperty->GetUpgradeEffectProperty()->szBone2, &sAttachAttr2);
        }
    }

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One more thing, you need to replace the itemproperty.rdf file that the client 2.0 has with the one that the TW client has, in the TW client there is a file called itemproperty.rdf in the prop.pak, you need to copy that file and put it in the prop .pak of the client 2.0 to have the effects.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! Real life responsibilities have been taking over mostly. I'll be back with some updates soon! At the moment I'm working on getting the item effects correctly read (from TW's itemupgradeproperty script). I'm currently going through the client's source to see how it reads scripts. I hope to have updates for you all in the future!

Back