Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DDOS, What's your way to prevent it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In Any Firewall You Cannot Stop a SYN Attack, I Tried it My Self I Can Put Down EvilwarriorMU, GrudgeMU, ZhyperMU, for testing only, but ZhyperMU have autoblock ip, so he can stop you, but can take down a minute

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
just get the best Hst u can afford , maybe install website on linux and put rest on dedi , make it in tricky way .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
292 messages of type [61] NAT Error: Not enough free memory to add a new connection suppressed in 1 second(s)
327 messages of type [61] NAT Error: Not enough free memory to add a new connection suppressed in 1 second(s)
388 messages of type [61] NAT Error: Not enough free memory to add a new connection suppressed in 1 second(s)
799 messages of type [61] NAT Error: Not enough free memory to add a new connection suppressed in 1 second(s)

madness...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
firewall will be enough to see connections incoming and block them.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Best Solution :thumbup:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
CloudFlare Pro is the best protection. Protects from most attacks.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Buy good DEDICATED HOST AND UR Good to go Dammit :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Even with closed ports,you can get DDOSd.
Tested.

then whoever made the setup wasn't very good at it, keeping only the ports necessary for the server to function and limiting connections per ip rate should do the trick (also it's good idea to check most commonly used ports for gameservers and reconfigure the serverfiles, sitefiles and client making sure that you don't use said common ports)

also if you do close the ports from serverside or firewell it wont be bulletproof since one of the possible targets of the attacker could be your connection, so you need to filter the ports from first device of the serverlan to make sure traffic in your lan and wan connection is minimum.

with all these checked you should be good to go assuming there aren't any vulnerabilities in your client or website

ps: it's also good idea to have your website hosted on a separate server, preferably even have separate wan connection and ip for it and use some tricky way like additional network card on both servers and connect them directly to each other using crosscable (that's something an attacker would definitely not expect)

this is how it was done back in the day i was in the business and this is how i would do i now too, unless the attacker has highcaliber botnet at his disposal there should be no problems with dealing ddosing as not just any small scale network could even hope to bring down a setup like this assuming you have couple of fiberlines with static ip's for both of your servers and are using optical fiber in your lan all the way from server to firewall and from firewall to the first device of your lan and the server's you're using are proper, modern, higheffiency servers preferably equipped with couple of xeons, 32gb ram etc

yea sure this might cost like 10k +fiberlines+monthly connection fee but this is how you could make an actual near bulletproof server network little-to-none affected by ddosing

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
then whoever made the setup wasn't very good at it, keeping only the ports necessary for the server to function and limiting connections per ip rate should do the trick (also it's good idea to check most commonly used ports for gameservers and reconfigure the serverfiles, sitefiles and client making sure that you don't use said common ports)

also if you do close the ports from serverside or firewell it wont be bulletproof since one of the possible targets of the attacker could be your connection, so you need to filter the ports from first device of the serverlan to make sure traffic in your lan and wan connection is minimum.

with all these checked you should be good to go assuming there aren't any vulnerabilities in your client or website

ps: it's also good idea to have your website hosted on a separate server, preferably even have separate wan connection and ip for it and use some tricky way like additional network card on both servers and connect them directly to each other using crosscable (that's something an attacker would definitely not expect)

this is how it was done back in the day i was in the business and this is how i would do i now too, unless the attacker has highcaliber botnet at his disposal there should be no problems with dealing ddosing as not just any small scale network could even hope to bring down a setup like this assuming you have couple of fiberlines with static ip's for both of your servers and are using optical fiber in your lan all the way from server to firewall and from firewall to the first device of your lan and the server's you're using are proper, modern, higheffiency servers preferably equipped with couple of xeons, 32gb ram etc

yea sure this might cost like 10k +fiberlines+monthly connection fee but this is how you could make an actual near bulletproof server network little-to-none affected by ddosing
We had closed the port 44405 in this case(tested on CentOS 5.x), and did ourselves a test ,DDOSing even tough we saw the port closed or down.
And it just flew up the connection.
We were DDOSing a closed port, and were trying to connect through Putty from an open port,and still down.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
We had closed the port 44405 in this case(tested on CentOS 5.x), and did ourselves a test ,DDOSing even tough we saw the port closed or down.
And it just flew up the connection.
We were DDOSing a closed port, and were trying to connect through Putty from an open port,and still down.

did you actually close the port from the first device of the lan and not just from firewall or server?

anyway just make sure there arent ANY open ports that arent absolutely needed, try doing things in unexpected ways, less open ports=less to attack, smaller number of simultaneous connections/requests per ip rate=less effective attacking, though risky and may cause lagging if not done with caution

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I found incloudibly.com is a solution for DDOS up to 10gb/s protection.
Polish kids using Booters for attack to servers like "Zielak300" .
cost is very high for servers but here is a small PC.

Here is Proof what he buyed. I wont tell program name.

CPU: D525
Intel Atom Dual-Core
1.80 GHz
Cores: 2
4 HT
RAM: 4 GB
DDR3-1333
Storage: 2 x 320G
SATA
RAID: Internal
Adaptec / Intel
Bandwidth, GB: 15,000 GB (1 gbit/s network interface)
Cost : 132 $/m

im not sure that pc will enough for Server :)

Last edited:
Back