• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

deus ex human revolution

Reaction score
Finished the game earlier. I thought it was really enjoyable. It gave me a "mass effect" feel. Very little side quests but I enjoyed the upgradable options which allowed you to dictate how the game was played but lack of "real" tutorials annoyed me (ie; only discovering you can click to go into fps mode half way through the game).

One major flaw I noticed was as you progressed and upgraded your character the boss characters became easier and easier. The final boss I found myself doing on the second attempt simply due to the upgrades you acquire and basic over-site on the part of the developers.

Overall I would recommend it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you had played DX1/2 before but, Mass Effect's the one who's borrowing a lot of stuff from DX.
The amount of side quests is fine, since each side quest takes quite a bit of time and maybe your not finding enough quest is cause your not exploring enough.
Also there's all those Tut videos that you can already access from the main menu and they show up during the start of the missions too.

I don't get what you mean about the FPS mode, since the game already is in First person...unless you mean the weapon scope/iron sight(which can be found via options etc. etc.).

About the bosses, I guess that's the point. Your suppose to feel like a total bad butt ;D (also if you play on Hard difficulty, you can still die fairy quickly)

PS. Naughty mental for making dupe thread D:<

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My only qualm with the game, is that your choices throughout the game have ZERO impact on the endings, even though marketed itself somewhat saying that there was... in fact, you get to choose your ending at the push of a button LITERALLY - you push one of 4 buttons!

And even then, I thought the endings were pretty... rubbish.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My only qualm with the game, is that your choices throughout the game have ZERO impact on the endings, even though marketed itself somewhat saying that there was... in fact, you get to choose your ending at the push of a button LITERALLY - you push one of 4 buttons!

And even then, I thought the endings were pretty... rubbish.

I'm not too sure(lazy to search) but I think how your actions and other impacts to david, darrow and taggart will trigger wither or not they will be at the end game place(I forgot the name) or that if they will be willing to even help you(like if you pissed them off beforehand or something, not sure about if you can kill them).

The endings of course is suppose to be cliff hangers and teasers for the tie ins to DX1 etc. etc.

Back