Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Introduction

Hi! None of you probably know me, so I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself as starters. My name's Jeppe, I've been a long time habbo fan and ragezone lurker since 2010. As a kid I used to dabble a bit with retro stuff, adding custom furniture and the alike but nothing extraordinary. Now as an adult I'm a fulltime backend C#/Java software developer

Project background

With that out of the way, let me introduce the project. Havana is an emulator developed by Quackster which is built for V31 shockwave from 2009 with the goal of recreating that era of habbo in it's perfection with the project . ClassicHabbo supported all features from that era, including battleball, trax, cameras and snowstorm. To everyone's devastation however, ClassicHabbo had to unfortunately shut down due to a lack of interest of hosting it, but also difficulties putting together a team of people who can help out with hotel management. Thankfully, Quackster released all the files for ClassicHabbo meaning that nothing got lost in the process except for the source files used to run the backend of the hotel.

This is where my interest was peaked as a developer. I've always been interested in private servers in various games and how they're made, but I've never had the motivation to actually learn how to create a private server myself. However, over the past weeks I've learnt a lot about habbo's internal workings, their packet structures, figuredatas and other things. Thankfully ragezone has a large library of information regarding these topics so learning has been quite quick. So now I'm working on the continuation of Havana to bring back the features lost from ClassicHabbo's shutdown such as the support for the R39 flash client and other things.

Progress

The current progress is looking good, where the R39 flash client is nearly complete with a few quirks left to iron out, as well as new quality of life features I would like to add. Luckily the progress has been fast due to a lot of backend features from Havana that can be reused for the R39 client

Here's the current changelog for those interested:

- FLASH: User badges now work in flash
- FLASH: Room icons now work in flash
- FLASH: Room tags now show properly in navigator in flash
- FLASH: Room edit button has been added in flash
- FLASH: Teleporters now work properly in the flash client
- FLASH: Public rooms added to flash client
- FLASH: Room icons in navigator & room info has been added
- FLASH: User tags now show properly in your user profile
- SHOCKWAVE: Pawns can now be turned into queens in "chess"
- FLASH: Fixed a bug where if you didn't have a homeroom set you wouldn't be able to enter any rooms or do anything
- FLASH: Fixed a bug where room tags would appear as user tags
- FLASH: Room states are now shared between users, eg if you use a vending machine the animation will play for all habbos
- FLASH: Added room tags and maximum of visitors in room settings
- FLASH: Rooms can now be added as favourites
- FLASH: Rooms can now be voted on (rating)
- FLASH: Public rooms now appear properly in the navigator and all public rooms are available
- FLASH: Public rooms are now ordered by population instead of naming
- FLASH: Rewrote user entering / exiting rooms. Previously if you were two players in a room your room entity would be removed
- FLASH: Following friends now work properly
- FLASH: Fixed holding handitems and drinking
- FLASH: Fixed "go to hotelview" button
- FLASH: Fixed a bug where room tags would duplicate
- FLASH: Commands now format properly
- FLASH: You can now filter rooms by different modes (favourites, rating etc)
- FLASH: You can now start events & view events in the navigator "Events" tab

• Patch notes 2023-02-26:
  • FLASH: Room tags now no longer duplicate (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Cleaned up formatting of commands (such as :help) (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Fixed room filtering by different modes and added room events
  • FLASH: Popular rooms can now be filtered by categoryId (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Fixed issue with password screen showing up when entering locked rooms (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Fixed bug where room settings couldn't open if homeroom wasn't set (kudos to @oyasumi for bug report)
  • FLASH: Friends can now be followed to public rooms (kudos to @santi13 for bug report)
  • FLASH: Bots can now give users drinks in public rooms (with unique sprites) (kudos to @santi13 for bug report)
  • FLASH: You can now create & save room icons in room settings
  • FLASH: Users can now save styles in the wardrobe (kudos to @oyasumi for bug report)
  • FLASH: Users can now give & remove rights (kudos to @oyasumi for bug report)
In short, here are the state of different features:

Navigator: 100%
Private Rooms: 95% (room editor not complete)
Public Rooms: 80% (few bugs with Lido etc)
Change Looks: 100%
Badges: 95% (missing group badges, issue with our hosting)
Room favourites: 100%
Inventory: 100%
Friend console: 95% (cant follow to public rooms)
Avatar actions (drinking,waving etc): 100%
Room events: 100%
Effects: 90%
Catalogue: 100%? Not sure, there are a few things I'm unsure of, such as icons missing. Are they supposed to be missing in R39?
Help button: 0%

Screenshots

jSpHRgt - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

cI6sgWs - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

wZOZMEX - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

IysEPOb - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

DYyoE7K - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

MrJeppe - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

jSpHRgt - [DEV/R39] Havana Emulator Continuation (Java) - RaGEZONE Forums

Questions and answers

Q: Will this be open source?
A: The plans is for this to be open source in the future, I also have plans of refactoring the Havana source so that it will be easier to develop for in the future. I will probably not make a pull request to Quackster's Havana git, since this project essentially rewrites large portions of the codebase and there would be too many conflicts to sort out. I will not rebrand this as another emulator however, it's a continuation of Havana and nothing else.

Q: Why r39?
A: Honestly, after playing ClassicHabbo I personally believe that these versions (v31 and r39) are the most pure habbo versions you'll get. The interfaces are clean and easily understood, you have plenty of minigames to play from the shockwave client while also getting modern features from the flash client. It's a celebration of what habbo is really, joins oldschool and newschool players under a single hotel

Q: Is there a live demo
A: There is a live demo that can be played . You can also join our where we post regular updates and things we're working on. Be noted, this hotel is not mine but hosted by another person. I'm simply developing features for said hotel. The hotel is not in a launch state either, but a open beta state where people can go and report bugs they find.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has been a productive week this week! The flash client is becoming more and more stable and thanks to our amazing beta testers we've been able to iron out a lot of bugs this week.

• Patch notes 2023-02-26:
  • FLASH: Room tags now no longer duplicate (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Cleaned up formatting of commands (such as :help) (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Fixed room filtering by different modes and added room events
  • FLASH: Popular rooms can now be filtered by categoryId (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Fixed issue with password screen showing up when entering locked rooms (kudos to @boo for bug report)
  • FLASH: Fixed bug where room settings couldn't open if homeroom wasn't set (kudos to @oyasumi for bug report)
  • FLASH: Friends can now be followed to public rooms (kudos to @santi13 for bug report)
  • FLASH: Bots can now give users drinks in public rooms (with unique sprites) (kudos to @santi13 for bug report)
  • FLASH: You can now create & save room icons in room settings
  • FLASH: Users can now save styles in the wardrobe (kudos to @oyasumi for bug report)
  • FLASH: Users can now give & remove rights (kudos to @oyasumi for bug report)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
that of having a habbo shockwave + flash player old is beautiful ,,,when it's ready is it going to be public?

CXP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good job! is very good to see the people interested again in retros! i've started to code making retros ^^
You've said that you used to put some custom furnis on your retros, do you still have any of this customs?
i'm working in a project and this can be useful if you have, but anyway congrats for your project :))

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good job! is very good to see the people interested again in retros! i've started to code making retros ^^
You've said that you used to put some custom furnis on your retros, do you still have any of this customs?
i'm working in a project and this can be useful if you have, but anyway congrats for your project :))

These are from like 10 years ago so not really.. But I remember making a monster energy drink throne (13 year old me found them really cool)

Reactions: CXP

CXP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
These are from like 10 years ago so not really.. But I remember making a monster energy drink throne (13 year old me found them really cool)

i can imagine how fun was create this furni for you, thank you for your answer, good luck with your project ^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some new patch notes! As people may or may not know, the figuredata for public room bots between V31 and V39 broke. I've gone over the public bots and given them appropriate outfits

- FLASH: Catalogue now shows icons
- FLASH: Catalogue no longer duplicates
- FLASH: Users can now be kicked & banned from rooms
- FLASH: Bots now wear appropiate clothing in public rooms
- SERVER: Users without rights in rooms cannot interact with moon totem anymore

Back