Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] LaStar Private Server Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here we go guys. I know you guys are thinking Latale is down, it's not out though ^_^

LaStar is going to be a combination of many developers to produce the community a LaTale alternative server. The source is going to be in C++ well have a forums open very soon to hold screenshots/open beta testing/closed beta testing. Etc Etc
I will also post updates here and such ^_^ Thanks

Current Status
- (Done)
+ (being worked on)
x (not attempted)

Login/Channel Server
Accounts -
Logging in -
Channels -
Channel Names -
Channel icons -

Character Server
Character slots (2+ characters) -
Character Classes -
Character Names -
Character Creation -
Instance Channels -

World Server
Logging in -
Moving -
Moving (Ladder/rope) -
Chatting -
Sitting -
Skills +
NPCS +
Fashion shop +
Multiple Players -
Portals -
Event Portals -
PVP +
Buddies -
Climb Speed -
Quests x
Point shop x
Instance Dungeons x

Alpha Testing will consist of the following. (this list is subject to change).
Alpha Rates (EXP:6x, Quest:5x, Ely 4x...Subject to change)
-1st job
-Skills
-NPCS
-Iris Buff upon login.
-Custom shops (maybe)
-Instanced Dungeons (I hope)

*Alpha is invite only and, don't ask. Alpha is just going to be hosted on something small like hamachi to test input and not stability yet*

Developers
*Jonnybravo
*Amiria

Update Log
8/8/2009 - Created post
8/9/2009- Unpacked SPF and Reading LDT files. (Good night Folks ^^~)
8/9/2009- Going on a cruise, will resume progress as soon as I am back.
8/15/2009- Enjoyed the heck out of the cruise, going to recode a new source in C#, if anyone would like to assist/team up feel free to PM me on here or MSN. Thanks and enjoy your summer :]
8/15/2009- Creating a source from scratch on C#, added a list of developers.
8/15/2009- Getting most recent latale packets.
8/16/2009- Working on creating a base for C# and creating a more recent SPF/LDT Extractor and gotta crack le client.
8/18/2009 Switching languages to C++ and working with Jonnybravo now, hopefully this will speed up the process.
8/19/2009 Need to Localhost the world server, posting screenshots on Jonnys behalf >_> It's not fake guys ~.^
8/19/2009 Added numerous screenshots on the progress Jonny and I have made.
9/2/2009 Trying to get in touch with Jonny to see what's going on with it atm.
9/22/2009 Talking to Jonny, working with life troubles and progressing :)
9/23/2009 Working on the world server.
10/5/2009 UPDATE::
all classes load the correct stats (str,magic,luck,defense,sp etc..);
all items load from the inventory.sql
all gear loads successfull in the spawn packet
3 charcs can now be created and loaded
world server ip is in the config.ini
Server Core rewrite now all 3 servers (login,charc,world) are all connect to each other...

10/26/2009 UPDATE:
"thx... should see what ive got done now.. pvp and pvplvl is up. going thru portals to differnt maps are up. Event maps are up and working. Players can move between portals together without d/c. same with chatting and buddys..

SPF almost fully working and are able to be fully customable. LDT are customable and are on the server side.. walking and rope speed are in..."

LaTale NA Server C OGPlanet

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good luck^^ id help but things like that confuse mexD so ill just wish you luck in your project and hopefully it gets made into the first latale pserver:D(i know ill join and i got some friends that proabably will to when its done) so good luck:D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good luck, i can help in hosting, if needed send me pm

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup
LaLore is very unstable when you start the game the CPU jumps to 100% usage so unless you have C# expirience and stuff and you know how make it more stable don't try.. I tried to mess up with the source but w/o success since I don't really understand how packet structures works and stuff...

I'm Back
Reaction score
Jinx, I have C# knowledge, and i suggest just too either recode LaLore or make your own C# source, As you've said it's too unstable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Jinx, I have C# knowledge, and i suggest just too either recode LaLore or make your own C# source, As you've said it's too unstable.

Agreed :3
I'm going to work on a new source, unless I can get in touch with JohnnyBravo

I still am looking for developers who would like to team up, all you have to do is just PM me ^_^~

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Johny actually has a very good source, with mobs I think NPCs and stuff.
I don't think he'll give his source and co-operate with anyone that just came here. ._.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Johny actually has a very good source, with mobs I think NPCs and stuff.
I don't think he'll give his source and co-operate with anyone that just came here. ._.

I did not just "come here" I've been watching this section from the beginning. And I'm sure Johny would love someone to help him.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Prolly but his source is in C++ not C#

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I added you what is your nick since I'm using my mother's laptop atm since my computer is on "reparing(?)" because a part of it is burned or something anyway I can't search by mail so I need your nick
and green45 I thought you quitted developing LaTale servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I added you what is your nick since I'm using my mother's laptop atm since my computer is on "reparing(?)" because a part of it is burned or something anyway I can't search by mail so I need your nick

Um, just start a new conversation with lutiankimmi@hotmail.com or look for the nick Kimmi :)

I'm Back
Reaction score
No i didn't quit, well ok i kinda quit, MimirDev closed down, and now MimirDev is back up but only for Maplestory development with C# sources, So until that's done, i won't be doing any massive amounts of adding to any other sources

Reaction score
i wouldnt say farthest i did my source completely alone in 3 weeks and your source is very outdated and some of the client data has changed since then ive posted alot to help ppl get started...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back