• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
does anyone know the mesh name or whatever related to this cursor skin:
370cea9d8cb1c4e7b90a5d5d56d866c5 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

it is located in Interface folder? no idea.

dont even know if it is an animated model or a gif

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
does anyone know the mesh name or whatever related to this cursor skin:
370cea9d8cb1c4e7b90a5d5d56d866c5 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

it is located in Interface folder? no idea.

dont even know if it is an animated model or a gif

CursorTalk.ozt
eRrgOqV - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

anim for 4 quads

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
GM-Andromeda
You will release the source code to the public?

well, it depends on many factors.
e.g. how many people is willing to help :D

for now, one guy is doing all the monsters stuff (it takes time i dont have, that is why he's helping me)
but i have all .smd files just till season4, maybe someone can give full .smd for season 6 or 7 or whatever...

in other words, if i do this alone, i wont share anything, but if i see that there is people willing to help, then i will
since i have no team, i got to do this :lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
man, don't share anything to all leechers, they anyway will can't work with that xD
ps:i'm was want to help you, but i'm doing 2d games for iOS and Android, now learning Unreal Engine 4 xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
edit: starting bc
58af2467ebcb79acc0c69db1c12256f5 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If that's really just that, wouldn't it be easier to write a program to do this?

yes and no, hard to explain, different quaterion/euler angles convention.
this is the problem when working with different conventions, dragon left leg:
a90e35dbd52fdd56bd76e8b91aa0f901 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

but the most important thing, it's easy to modify animations and models if u have one saved "project" for each monster.
some monsters have animation problems, keyframes are simpy wrong (or incomplete), seems like the original mu animation system do not require a complete keyframe stack...
so, there is no way to fix this in code since every monster has different problems in different animations, so, the only way is the hard way, one monster by one. :(
same with initial pose, guardian armor initial pose is not the same as vine armor initial pose, need to fix it manually.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you using MU 3d models or did you model it yourself?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
using the original ones, but fixed some details to make them work in my engine.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... actually i can auto generate all the data, this is one screen posted in the first page if this thread:
MmcaqEW - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

but monsters dont move or hit like they should, maybe 95% of the complete animation is just fine but the other 5% is not...

edit: this is the problem for the dragon left leg (Bip01 L Thigh):
e8eab4801d219028b6aef0e0d77f15b0 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

the z rotation angle goes from 90 to -90, this is because for rotation sin(angle) is the same for 90 or -90 (wich is 0) but when u interpolate those keyframes, that bone is gonna turn 180 degrees (distance between 90 and -90), that's why u see the doing a complete rotation in one frame.

of course, converting euler angles to quaternions is easy, if u keep the right convention for angles

but webzen did not follow those conventions :(

but in zzzmathlib there is the right conversion from vector3 to quat, and the implementation is not the same as the one i used.

so, that's pretty much it :D

Attachments

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well... actually i can auto generate all the data, this is one screen posted in the first page if this thread:
MmcaqEW - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

but monsters dont move or hit like they should, maybe 95% of the complete animation is just fine but the other 5% is not...

edit: this is the problem for the dragon left leg (Bip01 L Thigh):
e8eab4801d219028b6aef0e0d77f15b0 - [Development] Mu Online Client/Server remake project - RaGEZONE Forums

the z rotation angle goes from 90 to -90, this is because for rotation sin(angle) is the same for 90 or -90 (wich is 0) but when u interpolate those keyframes, that bone is gonna turn 180 degrees (distance between 90 and -90), that's why u see the doing a complete rotation in one frame.

of course, converting euler angles to quaternions is easy, if u keep the right convention for angles

but webzen did not follow those conventions :(

but in zzzmathlib there is the right conversion from vector3 to quat, and the implementation is not the same as the one i used.

so, that's pretty much it :D

Nice devlopement man. You made the maps already?

Well you beat atleast some wanna be millionaire 4funer who talk so much he is the greatest. I bet he couldn't thi. I have well respect for your work GM.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's amazing! I suggest you make an MU RTS! :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
MU3 One man project. Just like the original Mu.

Back