Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] NextMU Open Source

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
NextMU is a remake of MU (client and server), it is based on Elion, a project I made time ago which has passive anti-hack features based on the architecture (doesn't mean it is invulnerable to bots or macros, only to hacks, 100% guaranteed as long as the architecture is kept in both client and server).

It will be a high-quality client and server, fully optimized, flexible and easy to compile.

[Platforms]
Windows: OK
Linux: OK (server only, soon client too)
MacOS: OK
Android: OK
iOS: OK

[Progress]
Terrain Loading: 100%
Terrain Attributes: 100%
Terrain Rendering: 100%
Mesh Rendering: 100%
Shadows: 100%
Camera: 100%
Terrain Culling: 100%
Objects Culling: 100%
Sprites: Base Implemented
Effects: Base Implemented
Joints: Base Implemented

More details will be added as the project progresses.

[Github]

[Donations]

[Discord]

[Streaming]

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Your project inspired me to learn a little more about this and see if I can upgrade the gunz the duel engine (realspace2) to something more optimal I'm still learning I'm a little lost with the documentation and DX conversion

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
SirMaster - [Development] NextMU Open Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! Literally!

Maybe Github could be a better solution than Source Download? Sure.

Nos vemos en discord.

Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
Hello guys! it has been a really long time since the last message, I wanted to wish you all happy new year and also wanted to bring a gift for you, go check the repository ( ) of NextMu, also here is something that you might require

Remember to join our discord

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I compile this? Does this work with Visual Studio 2022?

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
How can I compile this? Does this work with Visual Studio 2022?
yes, it is being developed using VS2022 Community as IDE, just follow the instructions but you would be able only to compile for Windows right now, Android is still under development but soon it will be available.

Just one thing, this project isn't completed yet and isn't a working client but right now can help others developers to optimize their MU clients, we are still adding features to it.

C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
We migrated the project to Meson, right now it supports Windows but soon will support MacOS, iOS and Android, we are still working on some libraries like AngelScript and NoesisGUI but you can compile the project already, just follow Meson instructions, install Visual Studio 2022 in your Windows computer to use it as the compiler since I didn't test any other compiler yet for Windows I recommend to keep using VS2022 as the compiler, hope you guys enjoy it and helps the community to grow up and shine again.

Due to issues with Meson and some requests I received we migrated the project to CMake which actually made everything easier, now you can enjoy your favorites IDEs using CMake, Android support is coming first then MacOS and iOS.

1705539335808 - [Development] NextMU Open Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Android Studio supported

Android support added, now available in the repository CMake branch ( ).

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
C/C++ Programmer
Reaction score
UI support using RmlUI library has been added, can be accessed through our Github repository ( ), here is a screenshot.

If you like the project and want to donate, feel free to donate through Buy me a coffee

New resources available including new shaders for RmlUI and a compiled version of the client for Windows 32-bits and 64-bits

a new decision has been made and I decided to take this further, I will prepare Elion server and make it part of NextMU project under MIT license, so... yes, NextMU is going to use its own server and it is going to be Open Source like the client and you will be able to do whatever you want with it. First I will do some improvements, change it from a VS solution into CMake and also will make it share code with NextMU client so I won't have to give support to both in separate repositories, also I will prepare the UI for the client and add network and audio support so you can start enjoying it as an alpha version until it becomes enough mature to be used in production environments.

If you like the project and want to donate, feel free to donate through Buy me a coffee

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I believe that if we give the corresponding support to this project, it can be launched faster and all can benefit from it!

Back