• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Disable ui buttons?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I noticed there's images for when a UI button in the status bar is disabled, but how do I disable a button? I mean, correct me if i'm wrong, but there should be a way to disable it, otherwise the images wouldnt be there, right?
For example the trade button, how would I disable it?
I know I can just remove the code and return it in the source, but that's not what I'm looking for

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Nexon just made these as safe-checks, or example if you are in a different window the buttons may disable temporary. The only way is most likely to hard disable them directly from the client, but no clue if such thing is (easily) possible. This is another fun one for Eric to answer. =P

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The UI buttons like Trade on CUIStatusBar's layout are CCtrlButton objects. By default, when you add a button to the layout, it's canvas will point to "normal". To make the button disabled, you'll need to modify the client and call the inherited method SetEnable(0) to disable the button. This will cause the button's state to become 2, which is a disabled state that will make the button appear gray and un-clickable. If you really want the button to just be toggled as disabled you're going to have to do some serious client editing, so good luck!

Also, you'd be surprised; this is Nexon we're talking about here. They indeed created disable canvas's for every actual button regardless if it will ever have the ability to become disabled or not. ;)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The UI buttons like Trade on CUIStatusBar's layout are CCtrlButton objects. By default, when you add a button to the layout, it's canvas will point to "normal". To make the button disabled, you'll need to modify the client and call the inherited method SetEnable(0) to disable the button. This will cause the button's state to become 2, which is a disabled state that will make the button appear gray and un-clickable. If you really want the button to just be toggled as disabled you're going to have to do some serious client editing, so good luck!

Also, you'd be surprised; this is Nexon we're talking about here. They indeed created disable canvas's for every actual button regardless if it will ever have the ability to become disabled or not. ;)

Alright thanks for the help, i have no knowledge about client editing so i guess i will just ignore it :)

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the help, i have no knowledge about client editing so i guess i will just ignore it :)
You could try to make the button invisible by using a invisible png.
This strategy has been used many times to remove the other jobs(Aran, Cygnus) from v83 servers.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You could try to make the button invisible by using a invisible png.
This strategy has been used many times to remove the other jobs(Aran, Cygnus) from v83 servers.
that is not what i had in mind though
I wanted to see if i could disable the ui buttons real-time in game with a packet or something, but as Eric explained, it requires client editing and that is not my field of expertise

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
that is not what i had in mind though
I wanted to see if i could disable the ui buttons real-time in game with a packet or something, but as Eric explained, it requires client editing and that is not my field of expertise

It's todally possible to implement that. I would suggest to you hook the function that receives the packet(ProcessPacket or something) and from there redirect to a DLL that you will have to inject into the client.

After the DLL is injected you will be able to intercept the packets on this DLL and then handle it according.

It's not that difficult. We already have all the data structures for the functions it's just a question of reproduce those structures in C++ and then use pointers functions x).

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's todally possible to implement that. I would suggest to you hook the function that receives the packet(ProcessPacket or something) and from there redirect to a DLL that you will have to inject into the client.

After the DLL is injected you will be able to intercept the packets on this DLL and then handle it according.

It's not that difficult. We already have all the data structures for the functions it's just a question of reproduce those structures in C++ and then use pointers functions x).

m8 i'm a noob wannabe c0d3r with little to no knowledge who just wants to mess around with a source and find out what the limits are
do you really think i could do all that u just said? I didn't understand 80% of it

Upvote 0
Back