Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private [Discussion] How many years of experience do you have in coding "MapleStory"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Discussion] How many years of experience do you have in coding "MapleStory"

OK now how many years have you all had REAL coding experience?

Of course we are talking about full years, there's a time that we retire for a while , at least me.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Re: [Discussion] How many years of experience do you have in coding "MapleStory"

maplestory dev: from 4/2013
coding exp: from 9/2011

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

Way too long to be where I am.
Seriously.
I started messing around with the source back when odin released theirs (I actually got the source going before a guide was released, though I had to have help from google with the keystore files)

Far too horrible of a dev to be here all this time.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

6 years haha

<3
Reaction score

how come you have 14 years if ms is having 9th anniversary right now

Pretty sure he is referring to his programming experience rather than MapleStory experience.

C# developer
Reaction score

Pretty sure he is referring to his programming experience rather than MapleStory experience.

14 years - 9 years = 5 years of maple dev and X years of developing (I can't calculate his years of dev bcoz I dont know when he started to dev and how old is he today).

BloopBloop
Reaction score

how come you have 14 years if ms is having 9th anniversary right now

Kms started at 29 april 2003 ( )
OdinMs released their source around april 2008 if iam correct.

14 years - 9 years = 5 years of maple dev and X years of developing (I can't calculate his years of dev bcoz I dont know when he started to dev and how old is he today).
September 13, 1988 (25) (according to ragezone)

Also

Its up to you to decide if this guy is real.

Last edited:
Supreme Arcanarch
Reaction score

Kms started at 29 april 2003 ( )
OdinMs released their source around april 2008 if iam correct.

September 13, 1988 (25) (according to ragezone)

Also

Its up to you to decide if this guy is real.

nobody really codes kms on rz i was referring to gms anyways kms is having 11th anniversary still < 14

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

3 days and still get tons of bug. cant even create any charactor T_T

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

6 years.

Have worked on and helped so many servers I cant even count all of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Much too long.

Fraysa please. You still have no experience coding "MapleStory." (kidding, of course).

@OP: Since my join date roughly (I wrote NPC scripts back then like many of the newbies we see now a days). I didn't really start actually learning how to program using Java until after v62 had come along (I had a general idea and was teaching myself using a book I bought from a store - keep in mind I was a ~12 year old back then). Even now, I know very little about modern theory that is directing language design towards these super high-scalability models and all this lambda garbage (much of which is going to be seen in Jigsaw & Java 8 - which I may be fairly dated on this info and am too lazy to fact check as of the moment).

One upside to my time spent here - granted it was far longer than it probably should have been - was that I never had to go to my introductory course for computer programming in C++ that I was required to take for my EE major.

If you want something to do, go make Minecraft plugins for servers (and mods). No legal issues, you can start to learn Java there really easily through examples, and the community is also much larger if you have questions (albeit the general quality of replies may end up being less satisfactory compared to the people in this section - mainly because the development for plugins in Minecraft is flooded with way more "12 year olds" than here - especially ones that think they know what they're doing when, in fact, they are just copying and pasting).

Anyways, end rant. I may have been a bit incoherent, but it has been a long day.

- Zygon

Back