• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[DISCUSSION] PW Legacy, hardcore server concept

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I'm posting my concept of a PW server. I'd be willing to create a server like that by myself, but I'm more of a developer rather than a assembly hacker. Closed source stuff pushes me away. Feel free to use whatever you reed in here.
---The concept:
You're starting with level 20 and Lv 19 cultivation. You're given a beginner gear for lv 19. Every race starts in their own city. Your very first quests [1] let you level up to level 21.

[1] The very first quests introduce you to the Perfect World in a very "speedrun" way. They actually expect player to know the gameplay mechanics already, but they are still here just for the sake of warming up. These quests are:
* killing some monsters (3 quests)
* digging materials (1 quest)
* crafting potions (1 quest)
The lore is still about defeating the Wraiths.

At level 21 you get the first quest for a dungeon boss (FB19 - Qingzi). The reward is a 1 Star Dragon Orb and a Quick Warmup Pack [2].

[2] Quick Warmup Pack has a 100% chance of giving 1st material-level weapon (for material levels, see [3])

Qingzi is tough and requires a party to be defeated. After defeating it and handing out the quest, there is a dialogue-only questchain explaining gear materials system.

Further on, the lore gets back on track of the official PW.

[3] All dungeons drop gears, that can to decomposed into materials (or they drop materials directly): (additionally, there's a daily quest that gives more materials for killing boss from particular random dungeon, just like the QMaze ones)
* 1st level dungeons (19-39) - 1st level materials
* 2nd level dungeons (51-69) - 2nd-level materials
* 3rd level dungeon (79) - 3rd level materials
* (Pirates theme) As the mobs here are considered pirates, they have a little chance of dropping items from higher-level instances. These items are tradeable (!)
* 4th level dungeons (89):
* Brim - Hell Essence Lv 1
* Eden - Heaven Essence Lv 1 (these both drop from all bosses) <- each boss has different immunity, these dungeons require full squad of different classes to be completed
* 5th level dungeons (99):
* SOD - Hell Essence Lv 2
* Abba - Hell Essence Lv 2 (these both drop from all bosses)
* 6th level dungeons:
* EU - 6th level materials A
* AEU - 6th level materials B (final boss only)
* WS - 6th level materials:
* each boss drops different material, (?) Soul: <element>, they all combine into Ultimate (?)
* FC - 6th level materials:
* First boss - non-material: ?
* Second boss - materials A ?
* Toad - material B1
* Fourth boss - material B2, combines with B1
* Tyrant - material C (x1, as Tyrant is OP, this is a worthy item)

Note: all materials are acc bound.
There are gears/weapons that can be crafted just from 1st level materials, 1st and 2nd level materials etc. This requires players to run even the lower-level dungeons when wanting to upgrade their gear and gives opportunity to help lower-level players.

---
More notes:
* All the BHs have a chance to give a Dragon Orb of an appropriate level.
* FBs give a lot of experience, they are worth participating in.
* Removed all free quest gears - including Morai and Quicksand ones.
* About crafting: it’s also a way to get your gear, but more likely a boutique one. (for details, see [4])
* No Geographic Map
* Illusion Stone works possibly only for FBs
* Removed Phoenix Valley
* Removed Assasin, Seeker, Mystic classes <- they are useless in party and decrease role of other classes

[4] Cash shop:
* Upgrade items (Mirages/Tienkang/Tisha/Chienkun) <- with possibly increased rates
* Mounts/Flyers
* Fashion, Pigments
* Tome items
* Guardian scrolls
* Identity/Gender change stones
* EXP scrolls
* Inv/Bank/Pet/Acc stones
* Crafting materials
* Wedding items *
**no packs whatsoever**

---
Points I'm missing: